Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Funny how everyone is so quick to discount NASCAR as a legitimate race organization because of that stupid fucking "another left turn" mentality. You realize the cars weigh over 3000lbs right? That they're front engine, RWD? That they still use hydraulic pump jacks and 5-lug wheels?

Why is it that successful Indy car drivers come to NASCAR and fail miserably?

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
Funny how everyone is so quick to discount NASCAR as a legitimate race organization because of that stupid fucking "another left turn" mentality. You realize the cars weigh over 3000lbs right? That they're front engine, RWD? That they still use hydraulic pump jacks and 5-lug wheels?

Why is it that successful Indy car drivers come to NASCAR and fail miserably?
Never said it was easy, just fucking stupid. Yeah, they can fucking drive. Yes they are overweight and under-tired with 60s technology. Pretty cool in person, I must admit. Snoozefest on TV though. Give me some DTM, SuperGT, or REAL prototype (the DP series is sadly a joke) anyday

·
Registered
Civic Sedan
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's funny how that happens. Its kinda like music you know. I'm a drummer and I play reggae and some punk. I don't care for like death metal but being a drummer I can respect it because I'm a musician and relate. Just my thoughts but it the same with racing. I like going fast. Left turns right turns who cares. 200+ pushing someone is pretty sick

·
Registered
Civic Sedan
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First event with #3 back and it takes the pole......scripted.....
Its crazy everyone is pissed at Austin for it. Not like he had a choice and I think it was cool to bring the 3 back. That's seniors godson. That's pretty cool

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
That's funny how that happens. Its kinda like music you know. I'm a drummer and I play reggae and some punk. I don't care for like death metal but being a drummer I can respect it because I'm a musician and relate. Just my thoughts but it the same with racing. I like going fast. Left turns right turns who cares. 200+ pushing someone is pretty sick
Great example, as I'm a death metal and reggae fan :bigok: I was a pretty big asscar fan until I gained access to real racing in the mid 90s ;]

·
Registered
Civic Sedan
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great example, as I'm a death metal and reggae fan :bigok: I was a pretty big asscar fan until I gained access to real racing in the mid 90s ;][/QUOTE
:uh:
Ha dammit. I just like fast shit and talent. You mix the two fuckin cool

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
I'm on the "meh" bandwagon, nascar just isn't that impressive, it's wrestling on wheels, a high speed crash up derby. If somebody had an extra ticket, I'd ride with and go to a race for the hell of it...but as for going out of pocket or watching it on tv? Not a chance. Those cars are 3000lb+ safety cages yet they will won't even run on a wet track, let alone in the rain, you have to get into club racing to find cars slower on a road course, most of the time they use substitute drivers for the road courses.

Like Bone said, scripted, just like wrestling (which can be fun to watch, but it ain't a real sport, it's entertainment and you're fool if you think otherwise), it simply is not a real motorsport. I'd rather watch WRC, F1, ALMS, World Challenge, hell, I'd MUCH rather watch club racing (SCCA, NASA, even Tiger or Shielby club open track days would be preferred)

Real drivers driving real cars in real world environments racing against real competitors facing real danger. Real Motorsport, either it is or it is not, and nascar is not...sorry

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
I'm on the "meh" bandwagon, nascar just isn't that impressive, it's wrestling on wheels, a high speed crash up derby. If somebody had an extra ticket, I'd ride with and go to a race for the hell of it...but as for going out of pocket or watching it on tv? Not a chance. Those cars are 3000lb+ safety cages yet they will won't even run on a wet track, let alone in the rain, you have to get into club racing to find cars slower on a road course, most of the time they use substitute drivers for the road courses.

Like Bone said, scripted, just like wrestling (which can be fun to watch, but it ain't a real sport, it's entertainment and you're fool if you think otherwise), it simply is not a real motorsport. I'd rather watch WRC, F1, ALMS, World Challenge, hell, I'd MUCH rather watch club racing (SCCA, NASA, even Tiger or Shielby club open track days would be preferred)

Real drivers driving real cars in real world environments racing against real competitors facing real danger. Real Motorsport, either it is or it is not, and nascar is not...sorry
Teh lulZ assCar killed speed along with their reality programming. I was so pissed the day I found out we would be force fed MOAR asscar as its ate up the airtime from REAL racing..

Def a joke on the roadcourse with the 'substitutions'...

·
Registered
Civic Sedan
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I get most of what you said but being foolish for thinking otherwise rates right under thinking a race can be scripted on the fools scale. Racing started with dudes running moonshine, wrenching on there ride to make it faster than the man which evolved into NASCAR. I'm a little more partial to it because I have alot of country people in my FAM. Its all money and glam and becoming more of a turn off but Im still digging it. That's why I choose college football over the NFL. Same reason.

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Teh lulZ assCar killed speed along with their reality programming. I was so pissed the day I found out we would be force fed MOAR asscar as its ate up the airtime from REAL racing..

Def a joke on the roadcourse with the 'substitutions'...
Oh yes sir! I used to LOVE the Speed Channel back in the old days because it was the only place we could catch real motorsports...then nascar bought the channel...and killed it. Every once in awhile they have other than nascar programming, but in the old days, it was nothing but racing, real racing.

And not to pick on speed or nascar solely here, but the trend of "reality" tv accross all channels I once loved, [email protected]#ing hate it. Remember when MTV used to have music videos? I bet the younger generations don't even know that is what the "M" was for. Remember when Discovery and TLC used to have interesting and educational programs? The man is trying to dumb us down...it makes me feel:

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
I get most of what you said but being foolish for thinking otherwise rates right under thinking a race can be scripted on the fools scale. Racing started with dudes running moonshine, wrenching on there ride to make it faster than the man which evolved into NASCAR. I'm a little more partial to it because I have alot of country people in my FAM. Its all money and glam and becoming more of a turn off but Im still digging it. That's why I choose college football over the NFL. Same reason.
By that same logic, wouldn't you rather watch scca/nasa than nascar as well, watch real people racing cars they built themselves or at least had a hand in building?

And yes, a race can be scripted, ever seen quad wars at the monster truck shows? I did once, buddy got me in for free and I had nothing better to do that night. Guess what...scripted, buddy used to race those, I was standing right there when they came up with the script, they went out and did exactly what they talked about, to the letter. Sure, there is the potential for a hiccup here and there, but it goes down like they plan it...

·
Registered
Civic Sedan
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yes sir! I used to LOVE the Speed Channel back in the old days because it was the only place we could catch real motorsports...then nascar bought the channel...and killed it. Every once in awhile they have other than nascar programming, but in the old days, it was nothing but racing, real racing.

And not to pick on speed or nascar solely here, but the trend of "reality" tv accross all channels I once loved, [email protected]#ing hate it. Remember when MTV used to have music videos? I bet the younger generations don't even know that is what the "M" was for. Remember when Discovery and TLC used to have interesting and education programs? The man is trying to dumb us down...it makes me feel:

Haaaaaaa yeah that killed me. Hey,screw the man,screw the zombie apocalypse, and someone please bring the Teletubbies back. F*cm I liked the Teletubbies. It great we live in America because we can do whatever the hell we want and watch what we want. Let's not take that for granted and start being thankful we don't live in some third world shithole. I fought for our right to watch NASCAR and Teletubbies. It sucks seeing some of the crap society whines over. Sorry about the tangent.

·
Registered
Civic Sedan
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
By that same logic, wouldn't you rather watch scca/nasa than nascar as well, watch real people racing cars they built themselves or at least had a hand in building?

And yes, a race can be scripted, ever seen quad wars at the monster truck shows? I did once, buddy got me in for free and I had nothing better to do that night. Guess what...scripted, buddy used to race those, I was standing right there when they came up with the script, they went out and did exactly what they talked about, to the letter. Sure, there is the potential for a hiccup here and there, but it goes down like they plan it...
:thinking: Did you just say quad wars

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
All good and thank you for fighting for our right to debate these things, I served in the late 80;s but was out a year or so before Desert Storm/First Gulf War...I just wish we had the right to watch better motorsports is all I'm on about, we are kind of stuck with what they broadcast lol, and they broadcast crap...thank god for youtube eh?

·
Registered
Civic Sedan
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All good and thank you for fighting for our right to debate these things, I served in the late 80;s but was out a year or so before Desert Storm/First Gulf War...I just wish we had the right to watch better motorsports is all I'm on about, we are kind of stuck with what they broadcast lol, and they broadcast crap...thank god for youtube eh?
No I totally get it I'm all bummed out about all that crap to and no thanks necessary. I'm just tired of seeing Justin Bieber on TV

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
:thinking: Did you just say quad wars
Yeah, they had these scripted races, on quads (you know, 4 wheel off road motorcycles) as kind of an intermission act between the monster truck races or events or whatever you call what they do. Quad Wars lol...surprisingly popular with the crowd, they knew the racers names and everything

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
No I totally get it I'm all bummed out about all that crap to and no thanks necessary. I'm just tired of seeing Justin Bieber on TV
Somebody rep this guy for me, I'm all out...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts