Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
EJ6
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody use narrowband gauges? i can get some for cheap, i know they arent as accurate, but any other differences to wideband? any inputs would be greatly appriciated. thx!

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
narrowband is all for show...it has the hole oooos, and aaahhhhhss, but no real purpose...wideband gauges will need a wideband o2 to be affective, otherwise its the same thing...

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
They are useless......accuracy and narrowband don't even belong in the same sentence, kind of like honda and torque.

·
Registered
90 civic si
1,536 Posts
They are useless......accuracy and narrowband don't even belong in the same sentence, kind of like honda and torque.
hahahahaaha.. are you sure you dont drive a vw cuz they love to give us honda drivers shit for not having torque

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,664 Posts
I think some of the comments above are misleading.

NB are accurate. It's what's used by your ECU in closed loop to run your engine. It better be accurate.

WB gauges are also for show unless you're tuning.

So if you're looking for a light show then you might as well save money and slap in a NB gauge. And it should accurately show you what the NB values are and give you an idea how well the ECU is maintaining a target AFR in closed loop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts