Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill probably be looking for rich conditions. I dont really care about the fine tuning a wideband offers because its just a street car on 10 psi

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
No.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
there is fail all over this..

dont care about your car in general = fail

dont care about tuning the car = fail

dont think 10 psi can hurt your engine in a major way = fail

turbo-ing your car with no idea what your doing = fail

want me to keep going?

if this didnt make you think you might need to change your approach, you might want to go join another forum. why? cause out here your going to need a flame suit with the way you approach things.

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, ive turboed swapped cars with less.
Stock block b18c1 on 18 lbs tuned on VAFC running strong

Let me find some vids, its my cousins car

All ebay parts except for turbo

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
Ill probably be looking for rich conditions. I dont really care about the fine tuning a wideband offers because its just a street car on 10 psi
For the record, I was just reading a thread with a T3 .42/.48 at 9.3PSI. On a stock block, he's just about doubled the stock HP. How long do you really think that motor will last with out a proper tune?

A narrow band only knows rich or lean. There's no quantitative measurement of how much in either direction. The fine tuning a wideband provides is exactly what's needed!

At least you had some sort of fuel management. Still nothing for your ignition however.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

Let me find some vids, its my cousins car

All ebay parts except for turbo
You can get by with a vafc but a narrow band isnt going to tell you anything. So why use it? Hell find someone to let you borrow their wideband. Iono about you but i dont like to just toss good engines in the trash. Nothing wrong with ebay parts either, its all in how you use them.

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the record, I was just reading a thread with a T3 .42/.48 at 9.3PSI. On a stock block, he's just about doubled the stock HP. How long do you really think that motor will last with out a proper tune?

A narrow band only knows rich or lean. There's no quantitative measurement of how much in either direction. The fine tuning a wideband provides is exactly what's needed!
I really do understand, but there are people with less. I was just thinking about throwing a gauge in there for now.

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can get by with a vafc but a narrow band isnt going to tell you anything. So why use it? Hell find someone to let you borrow their wideband. Iono about you but i dont like to just toss good engines in the trash. Nothing wrong with ebay parts either, its all in how you use them.
Last time i said this i had to wear my flame suit and i only had my vafc as a real time kinda thing.
People think ebay is fail. 14k miles on a BOV and WG only replacing a diaphragm that was $8

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Last time i said this i had to wear my flame suit and i only had my vafc as a real time kinda thing.
People think ebay is fail. 14k miles on a BOV and WG only replacing a diaphragm that was $8
People who think ebay is fail are the internet band wagoner's. Nothing wrong with that stuff you just have to know how to use it. Ebay Tial "style" wastegate wtih wastegate internals is only going to cost you about 120 bucks. Ebay bov's work fine. The turbo's when used with a restrictor and gone through before putting it on are mostly fine.

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Car in question has a B18a1, forgot to throw that in

I have an ebay .42 .48 that has 7k miles on it from me and god knows how many by my cousin, still works fine =)

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i should re-phrase my statement about the b-series. i mean that a stock block b-series can make about 300 on the stock block vs the d-series which can only do about 250-ish (normally)..

either way, obviously nothing we are saying is getting through. if you dont tune it, then its a time bomb. do as you wish, but your not going to get approval for anything less then tuning it right from us.

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i should re-phrase my statement about the b-series. i mean that a stock block b-series can make about 300 on the stock block vs the d-series which can only do about 250-ish (normally)..

either way, obviously nothing we are saying is getting through. if you dont tune it,then its a time bomb. do as you wish, but your not going to get approval for anything less then tuning it right from us.
It will be tuned, maybe not right but it will

·
11,892 Posts
It will be tuned, maybe not right but it will
A motherfucking narrowband gauge and a VAFC is not "tuned" bro.

Do you know what those hacks do to your ignition timing?

·
11,892 Posts

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
id rock a tial knockoff wastegate all day.. they work, seen it.

i DO rock a tial knock off BOV, its sick, and works amazing.

but that has nothing to do with tuning a cars fuel and ignition maps. i would buy an LC1 kit, they are like $220 w/ a gauge. best money you can spend, along with an ostrich/hulog or demon.

in all honesty you could tune it without a wideband by reading the plugs, which would be a lot better than relying on a narrowband.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts