Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Hows it look, are the arms to the pads thick or thin metal? Generally I steer towards the exedy since it is only $20 more and super reliable. Take a pic and show us the part.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
MUTHERFUCKIN JDM CLUTCH YOOO!!1

i BET THAT SHIT WILL HOLD LIKE INFIniTY TORQUES
What stage is it? 9001?

But seriously. I would rather have a clutch made in Japan than made in the United Sates. If it was made here that means it was made by someone who doesnt give a fuck and just wants to go home.
If its made in Japan that means it was made by someone who gets paid well and hopes to make a career with that company until he retires.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Or like a lot of things made in the USA, the part was made in pieces in China and assembled in Japan.

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, from my research, LUK is a German brand.
The throwout bearing says Japan on it.

The flywheel pilot bearing that came with the kit. says Korea on it. (I have a new OEM flywheel pilot bearing already however so I do not plan to run the Korea pilot bearing)

So it looks like its kind of a hodge podge of parts. Hope they are good quality.

I wonder why clutch kit box says made in Japan on it.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Just dont use it in a high horse power motor for racing and you should be fine. It has kind of spindly arms attaching the pucks but like I said, stock motor, DD you are good in my mind.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
LuK is OEM Honda, the throwout bear is a Nachi which is OEM too. NAPA will buy tons of parts from Honda warehouses, or straight from the OEM suppliers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts