Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i go to NAPA today to get new axles, and the guy tells me they have 3 different part numbers for my car. He tells me to take off my old ones and bring them in first to make sure they give me the right ones.

I do that, but he gives me the wrong ones and both are wrong for different reasons. The passenger axle he gave me is too large in diameter where it inputs into the tranny. The drivers axle will go into the tranny and spin the gear, but it wont go all the way in to sit flush with the tranny and it wont lock in place.

This is really frusterating, i am going back tomorrow to attempt to get the correct axles, I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with NAPA axles

BTW these are for a 90 honda civic dx
what all different axles did EFs use???
I am pretty sure the wagons used different axles, and maybe the HF, but other than that I thought they were all the same??

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
i used napa axles and had no problems. are you using an si tranny? if so ask for the axles with the red stripe. the green stripe means dx and the yellow is the hf. as far as i know the dx will work, but i think the si are a little stronger. mine took a little effort to get them to sit flush. i just put them so the splines met in the tranny and pushed real hard and they snapped right in. maybe it puts too much stress on the joint, but hey it worked, either way i have a lifetime warranty.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
also i thought that mine werent going to snap in because it took hella force to get them to go, im guessing because of the new lock ring on them. but they sit flush now and no probs

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies...that gives me hope that i can get my drivers side axle(no stripe) in, but the passenger side axle (one pink stripe) is larger in diameter and there is no way that will go in!!!

i will go back tomorrow and exchange the passenger axle, I am going in the garage now with my homie(half drunken) to try and force that bitch in there!!!!

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ryan89crx said:
**disclaimer: ryan is not to be held responsible if your drunken buddy breaks the axle
lol...no broken axle...but that bitch is NOT going in!!!
another trip to NAPA and HOPEFULLY all will be well....im beginning
to get angered with not having my car running yet!!!

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
SilentWrath* said:
lol...no broken axle...but that bitch is NOT going in!!!
another trip to NAPA and HOPEFULLY all will be well....im beginning
to get angered with not having my car running yet!!!
i hear ya man. i dealt with all the same shit in my previous projects(mostly on domestics) it always takes about a dozen trips to the parts store to get what you need for your vehicle to be back on the road

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ryan89crx said:
i hear ya man. i dealt with all the same shit in my previous projects(mostly on domestics) it always takes about a dozen trips to the parts store to get what you need for your vehicle to be back on the road
tell me about it, its funny cause me and my friend were just talking about the same thing...every car project involving a parts store takes 43 times longer than planned

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well...NAPA is homosexual...i went back today to exchange axles and the guy swore up and down that he gave me the correct axles EVEN after i showed him how the 2 he gave me had different diameter input shafts into the tranny...I was like well I just want my money and my old axles back and then he gave me some bullshit story about how he didnt have enough money in the store to refund me and to come back later....

I get home...explain what happend to my mom and she goes ape shit and rides down there...rips the dudes head off (figuratively of course) and gets my money and my old axles back

I immediately proceed to CARQUEST and get my correct axles, put them in and all is now well

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
good to hear that it all went together ok. the napa around here is really good about that kind of thing. ive never had an experience like you did. that guy is just a cock

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
i'll never goto the napa around here, hell it seems like the people at the walmart tire center know more about cars, it's kinda funny.

·
dont fuck with me, I know some gang members
643 Posts
Arachnid said:
hahaha what a fucking idiot that guy is...rule #1 the customer is always right. and yes i hate it but it's so damn true
Actually, no. But in this case he obviously was.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts