Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys sorry about these dumb threads, I just know you guys know alot more than me. I just traded that big ass deisel turbo for this garrett ball bearing turbo. Do you guys have any idea what it is? It says .60 and .82.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
300whp maxed out at like, 20 psi.

It's going to spool lazy on a D series, but if your only concern is going fast it'll do you fine.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
from the link "This is a Dual Ball Bearing GT28RS Turbo with optional turbine inlet and outlet style and size for easy customized turbo settings. Turbo is great for small displacement up to 2.2L for super quick response and for up to 330 hp. This turbo is comparable to HKS GT2530."

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Not really no.

I had a GT2860RS on my old Civic and it put down 267whp at 16 psi. Guy that dyno tuned it had an Sr20 S14 with one that put down 310ish whp at 21 psi.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
It's a better turbo, but it won't put down those kinds of numbers unless it's a Disneyjet. Also if you're used to a .63ar you will probably hate the .82ar for street driving.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know.... I do. Well, I bought that big ass turbo a couple days ago for $200, then I traded it for this turbo. So, hopefully someone will trade me again for a bigger one. What I really want is the 6262 but I don't have enough money. How much can you usually get out of one of these turbos? O, and why the fk is it called a disco potato?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
ill give you $201 for it right now lol

edit: fuck, sentry!!! man :(

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Wow, really???? Used? It has hardly any shaft play.
it's a nice little turbo. in good shape it should fetch that much easy

1 - 20 of 34 Posts