Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nada is claiming my 1990 crx si is worth $2,775 for low retail and $6,650 for high retail. This is way high in my opinion. Is it possible to contact someone at NADA to correct this?

Reasoning behind this issue is I recently moved to PA, I bought my crx a month ago in MD. PA is telling me that since I have not owned the car for more than 6 months that I have to pay PA sales tax on it at 6%. This is not really a problem for me except I bought the car for $500 and they are claiming the cars value is $6,650 and want me to pay $400 in taxes on it! I have found a way around this, by selling the car to my wife who is a PA resident I only have to pay tax on the sale price of the car and not its actual value according to NADA.

But WTH is with NADA car values? who would pay almost 3k for a used and abused 24 year old Honda?

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
They cannot charge you tax on the estimated value of it, but only the price you payed for it. In TN you pay the sales tax on the price you paid for the vehicle

Or they are using a NADA book from 1992...

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
oh no, PA will charge you what they think it sold for - if he has no bill of sale, they use a market value.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the thing, I have a bill of sale and showed it to them, they say they would still use the nada value? I am going to go to a different place and see if they give me the same crap......waste of my time!

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
That's the thing, I have a bill of sale and showed it to them, they say they would still use the nada value? I am going to go to a different place and see if they give me the same crap......waste of my time!
go to a different tag n title place.

it's reallllly hit or miss on what the desk troll will believe I've found.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Crx si? I'd believe it, its already a classic. I dont like Hondas especially crx's but I completely believe it. My neighbor has one thats 100% primer, crappy looking LCAs, etc. I roll coal on him :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts