Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Formerly weebeastie
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read my signature for my engine setup. I'm finishing out my MPFI swap and I need a different throttle body. I just lucked up on an Acura Vigor throttle body and was wondering if it would work. The bolt pattern is the same, and its larger than the stock A6 but the TPS faces slanted up instead of slanted down. Has anyone had any experience with a G-series/Vigor throttle body? Will it work on my a6 intake with modifications for the larger throttle plate?

thanks, and I searched for like 2 hours on here and google and came up blank.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
it would be best if you got a used B-series TB, they are 60mm and is more than enough for your motor. I have never seen anybody use a v6 TB before, so who's to say it would work or not...

·
Registered
934 Posts
Will it work on my a6 intake with modifications for the larger throttle plate?
If your going to mod the intake, its not worth the trouble. source out a B-series TB. Voltage and bolt up will be fine. If your looking to get more air into the manifold, port match the B-series TB to the manifold with a dremmel. Modding to get an odd ball TB to work is not worth the pain of troubleshooting in the long run. :biggrin:

·
Formerly weebeastie
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK

The Vigor is a 2.5L inline 5 cylinder not a v-6 and the throttle body appears to be the same as a B-series. It is marginally larger (probably 60-62mm only have SAE dial caliper) and the only difference between the two is that the tps is angled up instead of down like a d series. The only intake modification would be the same for a B series. Simple port matching because the bolt pattern and vacuum connections are all identical.

Any experience?

·
Formerly weebeastie
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vigor throttle body

The G25A1 throttle body is a 60 mm throttle body that can be sourced out for cheap.....no body wants G series stuff! Anyhow the bolt pattern is the same, the throttle pull is the same, only differences are: No vacuum dashpot like an A6 throttle body, the lower coolant crossover is a little different(but will work), and the TPS is angled up instead of down like the stock D-series. D series TPS connector points to 4 oclock and G series connector points to 2 oclock, make sense? My original question was if this would make a difference when I wire up for MPFI from DPFI, and it shouldn't, but if it does then I'll post more info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts