Honda D Series Forum banner

61 - 80 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
ok got a few minutes of quite time at the office

to make the stalk you will need a access to a wood laithe or better yet find some one that can show you how to do it so you don't loose an eye or a finger.

get a hard wood block the right size ( it has to be over size to what you are gong to make) this piece will be a male mold.

once you figure out the diameter you can make it oversize in length and cut them down
later as you dyno tune or made calculations.

when you finished turning your piece, sand it down smooth, paint it (tremclad/rustolium will work fine) make sure it is perfect. specially around the contours of the bell mouth or it wont release from the mold.

warm it in the oven for 5-10 min take t out and spray or brush on mold release DO NOT!! use a piece of cloth return to oven for 2 min or so and repeat untl you get a nice even coat of mold release. trurtle wash will also work but better to use the right stuff.

I have prepreg dry carbon so thats what I use more expensive but much faster and easier cleaner to use. bag it put in the oven for curing time take it out. then remve from mold.

its not as hard as it sounds anyone can do this.

cheers

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
well I was doing some surfing while at the office today and I found this site its well organized and written. hahahaha it will save me lots of write up time

Manifold Fabrication 1
as i see the structure of you itbs kind like mine. but i took a different direction. i have a set of CBR1000RR(42mm). i picked up a D15b2 intake cause it doesn't have the injector sockets on the flange and hacked the runneres. i found some aluminum conduite from work which has a 42mm ID chopped it up. i then oval one side wuth a vice and left the other side towards the itm side. i send my itbs and the parts to a member here to have it welded.

i have yet ti installed them cause evertime i get close to installed them something happens that keeps me from letting me slap them on.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
What's the story on that targa in the background?

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
The Porsches are all getting there engines and trannies rebuilt modified to some degree
from factory spec (targa) to single to twin turbo one of the 930's has been running a single turbo trackwhore that puts down almost 600bph to the wheels and that engine has endured almost six years of pca thrashings

so my next motor will be turbo but mild I am more of an NA man myself but the torque thurst from boost is very very addictive.

and do I have not assembled the motor yet should get done in mid of feb

·
Registered
690 Posts
i like the front bumper, cool airhole for the intake, and that cage is sick.
thats a real roadrace car, all these itbs makes me want them.
How bad is the idling problem really?
I dont mind if its going from 1k to 1500k big deal

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #77 (Edited)
a few more shots of the outside I have not gotten around to getting the dash and control panel fabed yet. debating on aluminum or composite. bah anyway here you go.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I am still working out somethings I have not decided on which brakes or exhaust I will use
here is a mock up of one option that I have.

I dont think I will use these disc

disc and four pot calipers

behind 15" slip streams
near

far

RSR boom tube

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
4 pots? from where?

61 - 80 of 296 Posts