Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have had some good results from our Custom 4-2-1 H22A headers, made 204 whp and 166 ft lbs of torque with just i/h/e p28 crome. So I am looking at my spare D16 engine...and think I can make a similar 4-2-1 D series header...anyone in here have a really good healthy NA setup and would be willing to try our header and see if it will really make power? Dyno? It would be designed for stock to decent NA builds...my goal is for it to produce more power then your typical headers DC/Greddy... PM or Email me or AIM me for details... www.ExplicitSpeedPerformance.net

I am thinking small primaries up top like our H22 header and then opening it up...

1 5/8" then tapper bored into 1 7/8" runners then into a 2 1/4" collector or 2.5" collector... I know a few of you guys are stepping up to the 2.5" collector and exhaust...our headers are pan huggers about 1/4" so drop it like it's hot with no worries...

What the header would look like...

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I would do it if I where closer to you or something. Then we could compare it to the Bisimoto header.
But sadly I live across the atlantic ocean....

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Im defeintly willing to do it. I have a JDM d15b with boltons+other misc. BS and acess to a local dyno.

PM me with any details you would like

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
We have had some good results from our Custom 4-2-1 H22A headers, made 204 whp and 166 ft lbs of torque with just i/h/e p28 crome. So I am looking at my spare D16 engine...and think I can make a similar 4-2-1 D series header...anyone in here have a really good healthy NA setup and would be willing to try our header and see if it will really make power? Dyno? It would be designed for stock to decent NA builds...my goal is for it to produce more power then your typical headers DC/Greddy... PM or Email me or AIM me for details... www.ExplicitSpeedPerformance.net

I am thinking small primaries up top like our H22 header and then opening it up...

1 5/8" then tapper bored into 1 7/8" runners then into a 2 1/4" collector or 2.5" collector... I know a few of you guys are stepping up to the 2.5" collector and exhaust...our headers are pan huggers about 1/4" so drop it like it's hot with no worries...

What the header would look like...
looking good...!
how about a 1 piece, 4-1....?

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
bah my bad... just noticed it was in the na section and not an affiliate
whoops
i know right i did this, then i read a lil bit more.....: might want to have run this across the mods, and admins BEFORE you posted.....
since after all, there is money to be made......

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
i have a somewhat built motor with DC 4-1 and a dyno with no changes since. I'll be happy to help you out.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I would rather see a 1-3 and a 4-2 pairing on a custom header.
Why when the firing order is 1-3-4-2? You would be puting to much load on one side and woulden't scavange the #3 or #2 cylinder properly, and probebly loose power.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts