Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
doing a minime: y4(y7) with y8 head and p2p, just wondering if there's some way to not have to install the second o2 sensor?
is there really that much of a difference in readings between the 2 sensors? would it be possible to just bridge the wiring so the ecu thinks both sensors are reading the same?
oh yeah, are they both 1 wire sensors?
cheers

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
hi all,
doing a minime: y4(y7) with y8 head and p2p, just wondering if there's some way to not have to install the second o2 sensor?
is there really that much of a difference in readings between the 2 sensors? would it be possible to just bridge the wiring so the ecu thinks both sensors are reading the same?
oh yeah, are they both 1 wire sensors?
cheers
you can run only one sensor if you convert to obd1

yes there is a difference between what the 2 o2 sensors are reading. The first read the afr and that info is used to adjust timing and what not. The second is used to check that the catalytic converter is present and in good working condition. The second o2 sensor should read leaner than the first.

no i don't think it is possible to wire the ecu so it thinks both o2's read the same because of what i said above.

no the o2 sensors are not one wire they have 4.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
no the o2 sensors are not one wire they have 4.
ahh crap!! guess i need two 4wire sensors then :(
thanks for the info
sounds like a pain if u wanna run a test pipe instead of a cat, maybe could use a resistor to emulate the voltage difference between the two sensors?
will the ecu go into limp mode if the second one isnt installed?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
unless you connectors are the 1 wire type, then you would need the 1 wire type

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh ok thats cool, just wasnt sure if the p2p ecu required 4 wire ones.
my y4 is obd2 and running one single wire sensor

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
ahh ok thats cool, just wasnt sure if the p2p ecu required 4 wire ones.
my y4 is obd2 and running one single wire sensor
oh you were asking specifically about the p2p ecu then yes, i believe you will need a 4 wire o2.

and you should be able to run a test pipe if you get a mil eliminator. you can buy them or make them. i made one and i am using some anti-foulers to get rid of my mil from running a racing cat.

if you got any questions about the mil eliminators either post back here or pm me

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanks for the help and info mate, if you're able to tell me (or point me in the right direction) how to eliminate the mil it would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Look in a service manual and take the nominal values for that circuit - is it resistance to ground...or supposed to be grounded or having a certain amount of voltage running to it? If its resistance to ground, wire a resistor in series to ground, same thing for voltage, the key is finding the correct resistor to let you do this...a smart radio shack guy might be able to help you with that, or dig into some electrical circuitry books.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts