Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Damo, I am in Australia and I've just recently gotten a 1990 CRX with a dohc D16ZC.

Now I'm a bit of a n00b, and kind of suck when it comes to engines and major mechanical work. I just recently got my mechanic to replace the water pump and timing belt as that was a bit hard for me, however I identified and successfully replaced a shot main relay (as I said I'm a n00b so this was an achievement :D ), and yeah I'm kind of feeling that replacing the rocker cover gasket should be do-able by me.
The only problem is I am having no luck tracking down the gasket.

Everytime I search for D16 gaskets all I get are the SOHC ones, and yeah I need the DOHC. I wasn't sure if I can use a B16 specified one, as the covers do look the same, however they could be complete different too I guess.

So, could someone let me know if I can use the B16A2 specified one?
If not, could someone tell me what I need (links would be awesome) as yeah, I'm having a bit of trouble as all I get when I search D16ZC is SOHC stuff

Also, I'm thinking of doing plugs and leads at the same time, is there any specific plugs and leads people rate over others, or are they all just much the same?

Thank you in advance for all help, and I apologise for asking n00b questions.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think u can do it. If you can take your time and remember where everything goes. Change the wires one at a time to prevent mixing up the firing order, don't overtighten your sparkplugs, and put a little silicone on your new gasket (if it seems a little loose) so when you flip the coover over the gaskets where its supposed to be. Once you sucessfully do this job you'll be tempted to do more complex jobs. Good luck mate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts