Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here have a N-cooler kit for there turbo set up. If so does it help or is it a waste? I have a nx wet kit and fig I could just disconect the fuel and get the thing that goes on the intercooler and spray it.....Tell me what you all think. I have heard you can get some good power gains from this .... :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've never used one. I'm a point above the ghetto style of routing a windshield spray nozzle to the intercooler.... I actually went to the junkyard and mounted me a separate reservoir that already came with a pump, then rigged 2 spray nozzles pointed to the intercooler. I placed a remote switch inside the car. I made it accessible to where I can actually drop ice cubes inside the reservoir for really hot days......lol....

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you tell a diff. when you spray that on the intercooler or does it not affect it.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is a toss up about these things. some people say that it is the cooling of the intercooler that makes more power. And some people say that it is the nitrous that makes its way into teh intake that makes more power.
I read about this once and someone tested it. first they sprayed the nitrous on the intercooler. the car made more power. then they sprayed co2 on the intercooler. the car made less power then with nothing sprayed ont the intercooler because it sucked the co2 through the intake.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
let me finish what i was saying.

There is some thing that is not accurate about the test. first off, this test was done on a dyno. the car was nto moving, so the n2o/co2 was able to linger around the car. If the car was moving, the results might be different.

some people see a huge gain in power from teh sprayer, i cant see that happening from spraying the intercooler unless their intercooler is too small for the boost they are running.

thats my 4 cents

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
how in the hell did it suck it into the intake by spraying onto the intercooler?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont know, but the site had the dyno nubers to back up everything they said. I wish i could remember where i saw it.

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
I'm gonna try it since i have small c02 tanks from my years of paintball. Since c02 is only like 900psi I am gonna use what they call macro line to run the lines since it costs like 70 cents a foot. That with a nos solenoid and some sorta switch, im gonna spray it on my ford probe intercooler.
If it doesnt work it wont cost me more than 50 bones for the nos solenoid and the lines.(I get c02 for free)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts