Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i cant decide i want a boosted setup to walk the people on the streets
but want to build a n/a setup cause i cant afford to boost it incase it blows

p29 pistons about 13.xxx compression on pump gas? and would i need forged rods for this?

is there a diffrent crank i can use for more power i have a d16y8 with a z6 head

and how muchdoes a P&p usaly cost (( is it hard to DIY p&P
i searched around and i cant find a good setup that someone already has that i could follow
is there a head kit i can use for my z6 head to ?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
P29's would be great for a NA budget setup. Your crank will be fine, along w/ stock rods. It all depends on your goals and how much power you want and how high you want to rev the motor. A good port&polish is going to cost you quite a bit, it would be cheaper to just throw a nice set up springs and retainers and stage 2 cam in to get that extra topend you want w/ p29's..

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
make sure you get it professionally tuned after putting in p29's. Not doing so = blown motor.

Trust me, I know.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I have p29's and milled .040 head, with carbs. right now stock cam. Had a friend, an avid Honda tuner come by the shop yesterday and he was amazed at the torque the little motor made already with the simple setup. Cam is on the way and ready for a new head. Even without carbs its a good street setup. You should have close to 11 to 1 comp. I decked my block on this one too but you dont have to do that.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I know this last motor i built, with p29's, carbs, gaskets, belt, machine work, was less than $1000. I dont remember the total of the build but it could have been closer to 800. nothing at all really. I do all my own assembly so I saved there too

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i did the compression cal and i had somthing like 12.45 compresstion with y8block p29 z6 head and y8 gaskit didnt know what to put for deck clearning i just clicked y8

how much does a stange to cam kit usaly run and where could i find one crower i know is price is there a lil bit cheap brand out there that people have used?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i want a good motor for the 1/4 runs and DD i saw that guy run 14+ comp on a non vtec and do a 13.5 or somthing sounds mean for 130+ hp
i want somthing like 13 comp if it will handle it with stock rods and a good tune lol

if i could get 13's ill be happy am i going the right direction for this usein high compression setup and head work and later maybe some itbs and crap like that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
To be honest, if you want to run 14:1 compression, you need race fuel. On pump gas, premium, you won't be able to go past 12:1 at absolute best without pinging. Also, stock components won't be able to take that kind of abuse. If you want to go above 11:1, you will need to build. Or your motor just won't last long.

·
Registered
983 Posts
To be honest, if you want to run 14:1 compression, you need race fuel. On pump gas, premium, you won't be able to go past 12:1 at absolute best without pinging. Also, stock components won't be able to take that kind of abuse. If you want to go above 11:1, you will need to build. Or your motor just won't last long.
I'll be running damn near close to 13:1 on 93 cant wait! You just need a cam to bleed off compression at lower rpms! at idle i'm thinking it'll actually be around 11.5:1 compression!

Just gotta figure out how to get it to the tuner!

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
If so , not for much longer

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Im pretty sure you need to get the block notched if you do this so ask around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.