Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the junk yard yesterday and I found a d16z6 with non original looking cam so I grabbed it. Dizzy side code says E621. Looked up for about an hour yesterday and could not find a thing for this cam. Not sure if its aftermarket or an oem off another motor nothing

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya that's wat I was thinking myself but I haven't found a caliper. And I feel a ruler is pointless lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
HI,

Keep in mind, not all the cams were manufactured in the same plan/location with the same process. I believe it is an OEM cam made in a cast blanket. However, it worth to measure it, maybe is a Y8 cam, which were made out of cast blankets.

Regards!
Melvin Ports

·
Registered
Really?
47 Posts
Ya that's wat I was thinking myself but I haven't found a caliper. And I feel a ruler is pointless lol
yes a ruler would be pointless lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HI,

Keep in mind, not all the cams were manufactured in the same plan/location with the same process. I believe it is an OEM cam made in a cast blanket. However, it worth to measure it, maybe is a Y8 cam, which were made out of cast blankets.

Regards!
Melvin Ports

But there is nothing showing up under that code. No matter the casting method. It should show as an oem cam when the code is entered. And it does not. And y8 cams come engraved on the cam side with the cam code and say Dxxx on the dizzy side. This cam has no other engravements but the one. And the lob width on a y8 and z6 is actually thinner then this cam.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Baezk,

If you have access to Vernier Caliper, measure the lob lift, that might help to... If you have access to a degree wheel and a dial indicator that will disclose the lift and duration.

Regards!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ill have the caliper tomorrow. Ill get it from my physics professor. One time im glad im school. Oh well.

Thanks ill see if they have the other things as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Baezk,

If you have access to Vernier Caliper, measure the lob lift, that might help to... If you have access to a degree wheel and a dial indicator that will disclose the lift and duration.

Regards!

I measured it and it appears to me smaller then even a stock cam ??
Base width for all 3 was ~1.3" all between 1.23-1.3 slightly diff.
Lobs were Vtec was 1.5". Pri/sec 1.4" exhaust 1.45".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts