Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

People call me Delphia, 22yo security guard from Australia. Owner of a 89 crx, only had it a few months. slowly been buying the parts i need to really make it handle before i get cracking on the rest. Been lurking since i got it but thought id wait till i had something to ask before deciding to drop my 2 cents into everything.

Anyways, long story short.

Today on the way to work no less, it stalled and now when you turn the key the motor theres no "ruh ruh ruh ruh" of it cranking it just goes vzzzzzzzzzzzz the bottom crank is moving, but the cam gears arent.

Help me please!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
well i've had this same situation first i would turn the crank pulley see if you camshafts are at least turning. my situation is the cam gear would turn but the camshafts wouldn't. ended up that the cam gear sheered the key right off the shaft. was crazy, just look to see where movement stops in the rotation and start from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Further inspection has revealed it was a stripped section on the belt.

There was a slight sticking in one of the valves when we took the cover off and turned the camwheels manualy but it is no longer sticky. The valve springs also appear to work just fine.

we emptied the oil and found no metal chunks and not many shavings either.

Hos much damage do you guys think ive done to the motor?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.