Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen about two other treads with similar set up that I'm aiming for but mine is alittle different in a sense because I don't know anything about building and my friend that works at the shop that I'm depending on don't know ABOUT BUILDING D SERIES but he knows his way around, he build b series and h and know he has a built k, so I trust him with my motor.
he ask me to make a post to get ALL INFO ON THE BOTTOM END meaning all the specs and measurement.
I'm daily driving the car and all I really want is about 300 HP nothing too drastic maybe 270 to 300
I'm ordering the kit today from fjdistributors with the 75.5 vitaras and the I beams. Pls keep in mind that reliability is key with this build. And I'm using the stock head no modifications being done to the head.
OK I've figure out to install the pistons pointing towards the flywheel but all other info we need that pls, like how to do the rist pin, what the ptw clearance should be, what the rings should be gaped at specs, bearings etc the whole 9 yards pls everything

My greatest fear is the head gasket that comes with kit since I read on this forum that they blew there's in a mater of days so pls suggest Wat head gasket to get too.
All info is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I remember reading about notching the block as well if some1 have pictures to point out the notching process I will greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks for the info. Doing a plan D sometime next year.

·
one grumpy old man
786 Posts
what are you looking for?good price?good ebay seller?.....? i bought used vitara pistons for my last build.

·
Registered
93 Honda Civic
112 Posts
Fel-Pro is also a very good headgaskets.. and for your piston ebay link, there is a thread with the seller here.. look it up and ull see it, i think the title is " New?Vitara piston" something like dat.. bought mine from this guy and great guy to deal with.. you can also PM him here... Chee

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fel-Pro is also a very good headgaskets.. and for your piston ebay link, there is a thread with the seller here.. look it up and ull see it, i think the title is " New?Vitara piston" something like dat.. bought mine from this guy and great guy to deal with.. you can also PM him here... Chee
yes i came across that tread and that motivated me to buy from that seller on ebay p2po i think his name was, they sould be here tomorrow

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ive run felpro on all of my builds infact my piston melted on my last build from severe detonation from leaning out too much never had an issue with the headgasket.
which felpro are you talking about because i bought felpro 2 weeks ago to change my headgasket from autozone, i payed i think was $39 for it and it was a 3 layer metal gasket, blue in colour and i sprayed it with copper spray. should i get that same gasket again?

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
which felpro are you talking about because i bought felpro 2 weeks ago to change my headgasket from autozone, i payed i think was $39 for it and it was a 3 layer metal gasket, blue in colour and i sprayed it with copper spray. should i get that same gasket again?
that blue headgasket is the winner. get it for a y8 and its cheaper for some reason. and dont bother spraying it with copper it seals well enough stock.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts