Honda D Series Forum banner

121 - 140 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Synchrotech, talk with them. They might have OEM brass as well as their carbon coated products.
Thanks Mista Bone :bigok:

If I decide to not go about things on my own, I will definitely be sending it to you for some love.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
I rarely have to replace the brass. If I do I normally use OEM one I have around from "gently" used freebies, like HF/CX/VX which I also source out the shifter forks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So i currently have 2 SI transmissions sitting in my garage. ONe has case near the diff and the othe has a bad set of gears. Which ones i dont know. Im thinking i can take the good parts from both and make one good working SI trans. What parts should i inspect and replace while i have it all apart?

Thanks!

·
Registered
941 Posts
do NOT try to pull the mainshaft bearing from the outer case.

Set the case bearing side up in front of a space heater and walk away for 30 minutes.

IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/bonespec/Transmission/D%20Series/MSbearingstuck1.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/bonespec/Transmission/D%20Series/MSbearingstuck2.jpg[/IMG]

When you come back if it hasn't drop, smack the outer case area with a rubber hammer.

NOTE: It sometime will drop out without a rubber hammer. The noise of it falling while you are alone in the shop.....yep, it will get ya!
:)

·
Certified O.G.
5,605 Posts
This thread is SUCH A FUCKING WIN! I can now rest easy knowing that the rebuild I have to do on my transmission isn't gonna be like barebacking a chick with aids.

Edit: I don't give a shit if this is an old thread, I just needed to say thanks :TU:

·
Registered
30 Posts
After installing my MFactory LSD, I ran an 11.5 on 22" slicks. I have put license plates on the car and drive it on nice sunny days.
The only problem I have is at high RPM's I notice a slight grind when shifting from 1st to 2nd.
Adjusting my clutch cable helped a bit but I am not sure if I should have replaced the synchros while the trans was apart.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
91Civic Si, did you debur them along with the hub and slider?

I might have time this weekend for another Tranny PSA!

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
4,831 Posts
^awesome link on the deburring. This thread is a total win. I do like all the step by step. I might rebuild my old Si trans when i get some free time to have as a spare. Need to find me some ZC gears now.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had to keep it spread open and pushed back as far as possible while AT THE SAME TIME tap the case at various points with a hammer.

The case seated but the snap ring did not. so I threaded a couple of the case bolts to hold it together and turned the trans around upside down (snap wring now towards the floor instead of ceiling.)

I could hear it slip into place. took a look to be sure and it was seated fine. buttoned up the rest of the case.

I read about flipping the trans around somewhere from Mistabone.

121 - 140 of 170 Posts