Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
My Car
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Done alot of different B-builds, and have found myself doing a D-build. I'm trying to get as close to 400whp as possible on 93 octane. I can sleepwalk to 400whp with a B, so i figured i would try my hand at the D. But figured i would share. As it goes along, i will update. And try to add pics.

-life began w/ a d16z6
-GE sleeves
-Eagle rods
-Arias pistons 9:1
-stock cam
-Bismoto cam gear
-Supertech v/s/r
-Spoolin Quick4 AC mani
-Spoolin intercooler
-Tial 44 mm wastegate
-Tial 50 mm BOV
-Spoolin 2.5 aluminum cooler piping
-57 trim t3/t4
-Precision 880 cc injectors
-Walbro 255
-Hondata s300
-GReddy profec B II
-Omni 4 bar map sensor
-OEM bearings,pumps,gaskets
-Edelbrock Performer X intake manifold
-GSR throttle body
-ACT 12 lbs chromoly flywheel
-ClutchNet 6 puck sprung hub clutch disk
-ClutchMasters stage 4 pressure plate
-ARP headstuds
-head port/polish(done myself)
-Thermal turbo cat-back
- EX trans
-plan on a Quaife diff

PICS - page 2 and other pages for updates

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
the list is good. have you purchased most of it yet? do you have the turbo? if not i'd suggest spending a few more $$ on a 3076R or Borg S252/256. Those turbos will be very efficient, spool will be better, IATs will be cooler, and will make the power you want easily.

Only thing I didn't see that you will be needing are ARP head studs. Otherwise you're golden. Head work will not hurt either but not necessary.

·
Registered
My Car
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the list is good. have you purchased most of it yet? do you have the turbo? if not i'd suggest spending a few more $$ on a 3076R or Borg S252/256. Those turbos will be very efficient, spool will be better, IATs will be cooler, and will make the power you want easily.

Only thing I didn't see that you will be needing are ARP head studs. Otherwise you're golden. Head work will not hurt either but not necessary.

Yes i do have them. Its hard to remember all the stuff that i have. The head is port/polish. I have always done my own port/polish. Have done it for close friends too(na or boost apps). They have all done well. But yeah, as for the list, i already have these things. Thanks for the info on the turbo tho. Will have to keep that in mind!

·
Registered
My Car
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kind of a waste of money for 400 stock sleeves are good fro well over 400 but nice list none the less. Now enjoy some torque unlike the B lol and welcome to the site

Thanks for the welcome! As for the gate, i dont like the 38mm flange. Its prone to leak and burn the gasket out. I had to make copper gaskets before to eliminate this before, as well for friends. I like the v-ban much better and i failed to the mention which parts that i got for a deal. Which the gate is one of those.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
I got my 44 extremely cheap as well. are you making an adapter pipe for the 38 to 44 or cutting the flange and having the vband welded on?

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,388 Posts
So how does the factory D ignition fair on the highly boosted D's??? I know that on the B's, the factory ignition can break up kinda bad on the top end.
msd cap wires and coil is what im running.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
stock ignition. i have about $6-$700 in new parts, and spares. If its all good and new, stock is much better than MSD in my mind. MSD causes some crazy weird things with the cars wiring and stuff from what i've seen as well as Dyno problems.

Only thing better than stock is Coil On Plug.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
stock ignition. i have about $6-$700 in new parts, and spares. If its all good and new, stock is much better than MSD in my mind. MSD causes some crazy weird things with the cars wiring and stuff from what i've seen as well as Dyno problems.

Only thing better than stock is Coil On Plug.
Im with him on this one I think 400 should be able to do you on stock ignition

·
Registered
My Car
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
some of my friends with high hp are making 800-1000 whp. I have seen some ppl suffer around 400 whp with stock but other do great all the way up to the BIG numbers. Thats what i was talking about. I know ppl have different opinions, thats why i just asked.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
some of my friends with high hp are making 800-1000 whp. I have seen some ppl suffer around 400 whp with stock but other do great all the way up to the BIG numbers. Thats what i was talking about. I know ppl have different opinions, thats why i just asked.
And thats why I asked what you considered big Hp lol.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts