Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I've found out how easy it is to put videos up on YouTube - and then post them here, I thought I'd start a thread for footage of some of the places we've taken our Hondas. ("Hooray," they shout. "Holiday snaps!")

To start with, here's one from 2015. The first part is mostly motorway stuff, so you might want to skip to the brilliant Flüela pass, starting at 2m30s.

Please let's see your Honda-based travel clips.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not enough Drowning Pool or that Tokyo Drift song.
You won't like this one then, even though the road is delightful, and perhaps all the better for the lack of opportunity for heroics. It’s best known for the stack of curvy tunnels (from about 1m20s)

Thing is, my style of cruising is rarely Metal enough for anything other than mellow or pretty tunes!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We loved this part of Switzerland; the roads were good, if a little scary in places, and the scenery was marvellous. The prettiest bit seen through the dashcam is probably between 1m40s and 4m20s. Sorry about the pesky pine needle on the screen. I need to improve my pre-trip checks!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As the pine needle indicates, this part of our trip was on the same day as Törbel and Moosalp. The Nufenen is one of my favourite roads. The climb above the snow line starts at 1m20s; the summit’s at about 2m45s; and the descent following a rare Wiesmann begins at 3m05s.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And this is the third clip from the same day. It's here to show a bit of archetypal Switzerland, especially the minute and a half or so after 3m20s. Look out for the lighthouse! (For the third time, I apologise for the pine needle.)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This one's from 2015.
Grey day or not, we really enjoyed the Gardena, especially the downhill section (from about 1m55s to 3m25s)

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
This is Neat! Thanks for sharing! I don't have a travel dash cam in my honda's other than at the race track. Here's my S2000 skip at 1:04

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is Neat! Thanks for sharing! I don't have a travel dash cam in my honda's other than at the race track. Here's my S2000 skip at 1:04
Thanks.

Nice car. Sounds great.

Here's a bit of an antidote to the mountain pass vids. We came off the Dolomites and headed south. Some of the Garda bits are quite nice (the middle 2 minutes).

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When James Bond's DB5 curiously had trouble outperforming a Mustang drop-top in Goldfinger, he had better weather. This is the same road a few years later.

The conditions start to get interesting at about 2m35s, after we’ve crossed the snow line. It was even foggier at the summit than the video implies. (3m40s)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Grimsel Pass is the companion piece to the Furka, snaking up the other side of the valley.
This vid overlaps the end of the Furka Pass clip. The climb starts as we pull out of Gletsch at 0m35s. The weather worsens as we get to the refuges (1m40s)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After the Grimsel, we headed west. Grindelwald was a disappointment, complete with a misty Eiger. We drove on to the next valley. The sun had already disappeared behind the Jungfrau as we pulled into Launterbrunnen, but we put off looking for a hotel. We wanted to play “spot the waterfalls”.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts