Honda D Series Forum banner

701 - 715 of 715 Posts

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I wonder if he forgot about the small vacuum port that is on the bottom corner nearest brake booster.

I used a vac line and put a screw inside to block it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Noob and did all this swap in 2hrs? You have a vacuum leak somewhere. This shit took my All Day lol. Well, considering I took step by step pictures...
yeah i reread your instructions a million times before doing it and had all the tools, lifts and help at the family shop. well the only place that sounds like its leaking air is from that hole within the inside of the throttle body, once i put my finger over it, the car go back to normal

I wonder if he forgot about the small vacuum port that is on the bottom corner nearest brake booster.

I used a vac line and put a screw inside to block it
i got that already. its coming from the inside of my throttlebody

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
that hole leads to the IACV. so perhaps you have a clogged IACV that is stuck open.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
the only place that sounds like its leaking air is from that hole within the inside of the throttle body, once i put my finger over it, the car go back to normal
The surging idle is Honda's programming for telling you there is a vac leak. If you put your hand over that hole and the engine idles above 600rpm, there's a leak somewhere. It's also unlikely you'll hear the leak.

It could be from: a tiny leak on the head flange from not removing enough gasket, a crack in a runner, using a 99-00 manifold w/air injection on a non-AI head, the idle screw being cranked too far open, a bad injector seal, etc.

In other words, LOTS of things.

·
Registered
93 maybe 94 coupe
289 Posts
Wait, the idle screw being too far open? Mine is nonexistent.... Please elaborate on this being a vacuum issue?

Just concerned about my car not tryna jack

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
if your idle screw is gone, then that port is completely clogged up. fix it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I've must of read this thread a 20 some times and I still have a few questions, is this thread dead or is there someone who's done it and still around if petas still around great please let me know, so I have a 99 hatch, y7 (obviously) and what I'm 99.99% sure is a 96-98 y8 mani fold (no Cold assist holes of weird nipple coming out the top) and I that the y8 throttle body but missing parts.

I'm dead set on using my Known good working y7 throttle body
So if someone can answer these few questions

-What gasket do I use for the intake manifold to mount to a y7 block (not sure if gasket are different to the y7)

-if using my y7 throttle body and gasket do I get 99 y7 or 98 y8
(I am aware I have to swap the rotor over from the y8 manifold and use the y8 throttle bracket)

-how does the throttle body mount properly

-does jb weld and a screw work to cover the cc nipple or any suggestions

-any Suggestions on how to properly paint the manifold (I bought but silver ,cars black so I like the suttle stock look

-I have the y8 fuel rail and injectiers do I just swap over my y7 injectors with new seals or is there a special way of doing it??

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
So I've must of read this thread a 20 some times and I still have a few questions, is this thread dead or is there someone who's done it and still around if petas still around great please let me know, so I have a 99 hatch, y7 (obviously) and what I'm 99.99% sure is a 96-98 y8 mani fold (no Cold assist holes of weird nipple coming out the top) and I that the y8 throttle body but missing parts.

I'm dead set on using my Known good working y7 throttle body
So if someone can answer these few questions

-What gasket do I use for the intake manifold to mount to a y7 block (not sure if gasket are different to the y7)

-if using my y7 throttle body and gasket do I get 99 y7 or 98 y8
(I am aware I have to swap the rotor over from the y8 manifold and use the y8 throttle bracket)
If you are using an automatic y8 intake manifold on a y7, it is all plug and play except a few hoses and the throttle cable, you can use either intake manifold gasket or TB gasket.

-how does the throttle body mount properly

-does jb weld and a screw work to cover the cc nipple or any suggestions
I dont know what you are asking here.

-I have the y8 fuel rail and injectiers do I just swap over my y7 injectors with new seals or is there a special way of doing it??
Just make sure you are using the y7 injectors and they are sealing properly.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Dont RTV the intake manifold.

Buy the gasket which is nearly the same price

701 - 715 of 715 Posts