Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I took the Block to work and took it apart on my Lunch Break Friday:)
That Pulley was a [email protected] but with my 1/2" Impact and 110 psi on my Compressor, it came off!

Removed Oil Pump...

Remove Oil Seal (transmission side)....

Turn the Crankshaft to Remove Piston Rod Connectors....

almost out....

Played with it bit and it's off....

No Vtaaaaaak!!

·
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Now to remove the Pistons....

Tilted the Block a little and popped them out....
I wish I had my Engine Stand when I did this.
Also Make sure you cover the Threads with Rubber Hose so you don't Scratch the surface of the Cylinder wall. (I got Hammered for that)

They don't look that bad.....

Neither do the Cylinders Walls....

Just got to clean it up and then we will start planning this thing out....

·
El Noob
98 Civic EX/ 86 MR2
2,794 Posts
GL on building the block bro. Ill subscribe to this one as well lol

·
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GL on building the block bro. Ill subscribe to this one as well lol
Cool thanks Dawg. I steam cleaned it also so little by little I'll make progress with this thing. I'm excited cause finally I got the Block, my y7 Head and the y8 Intake Manifold. Everything is Bare so Now is time to start rebuilding:TU:

Good Night I'm out!

·
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
109 Posts
:hammer:.

Sorry for the sp main bearing cap bridge assembly. Ok I have built many chevy and a few toyota motors. I will freely admit I am building my first honda motor. Explain to me on all motors I have built I needed all main caps that match the motor or a line bore on the mains. Why don't we need matching main bearing cap bridge assemblies.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Here's the D16y7 Block I picked up for an even Trade last week. No Cash.

It's a Bit Filthy. I will try to Rebuilt it and use it for my build.

It doesn't have the Main Bearing Cap Bridge Assembly, Oil Pick-up Tube and Oil Pan[
Thats y I was confused

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Sorry for the sp main bearing cap bridge assembly. Ok I have built many chevy and a few toyota motors. I will freely admit I am building my first honda motor. Explain to me on all motors I have built I needed all main caps that match the motor or a line bore on the mains. Why don't we need matching main bearing cap bridge assemblies.
you do need the matching one on hondas too. if you dont have one just like any other engine you will have to get it line bored.

Oh, and keep us posted on your build Pata. Good luck with it.

·
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol i think that he was implying that he has the matching girdle he just didnt take a picture of it.

Subscribed, i can port that oilpump if your interested.
Cool. I'll keep that in mind. It'll be a while from now. Thanks.

you do need the matching one on hondas too. if you dont have one just like any other engine you will have to get it line bored.

Oh, and keep us posted on your build Pata. Good luck with it.
Thanks. I'm gonna start working over time so that money can go into my Build.

I'm going to boost so Little at a Time I will buy stuff for it.

·
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
looks good man! :TU:

i take it this a big fat juicy turbo build then?
Something like that;)

I'm not going to exotic, just enough boost to keep me Happy:TU:

whered u get that motor from anyways?
Some Dude was selling it online as is. I had a partial y8 Block on hand from a Buddy and I told the Dude if he was Interested in a Trade and he Agreed. I went over to his area and traded Blocks. Cool Guy:TU:
Nice teardown man, I hope mine looks this good when I pull it apart.

Subscrizzle to this thrizzle for me!!

Keep the pic's flowing!
Thanks. I'll try. Everybody Loves pics. We're all picture whores I suppose:mrgreen:

Shoot me a Link when you start yours:TU:

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,663 Posts
Now to remove the Pistons....

Tilted the Block a little and popped them out....
Just so the n00bs know it's not a good idea to pop the pistons out like this without taping up or putting some hose on the rod bolt threads. They could easily scratch up your cylinder walls on the way out resulting in a ghetto build where the builder blames the oil pump for any subsequent damage. I think you can even buy little blue protective condom like covers from Summit for this purpose.

Of course if you plan on doing an overbore you can afford to be reckless.

A line bore could run about $300 plus you might need some oversize bearings. Be careful sizing them up.

Good luck with your project.

·
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just so the n00bs know it's not a good idea to pop the pistons out like this without taping up or putting some hose on the rod bolt threads. They could easily scratch up your cylinder walls on the way out resulting in a ghetto build where the builder blames the oil pump for any subsequent damage. I think you can even buy little blue protective condom like covers from Summit for this purpose.

Of course if you plan on doing an overbore you can afford to be reckless.

A line bore could run about $300 plus you might need some oversize bearings. Be careful sizing them up.

Good luck with your project.
I was waiting for someone to pound me with that one and explain the Seriousness of doing it like that. I'm not going to over Bore it. I'm just going to hone it and upgrade the Rods (of Course) and get some good Pistons.

Thanks for bringing that up:TU:

an engine stand would be nice too:mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 111 Posts