Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely hate drum brakes, so I set out to find an RDC kit and found none.

Using mostly OTS OE parts, I was able to make it happen. :)

Prototyping:

Final Cut:

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually have that on my list for the next application to tackle. :)

·
Registered
ED6&7. EE4&5, MB1
200 Posts
Looking good, did it require any changes other than bolting adapter plates to RT-4WD trailing arms?

Definately in the market for a set.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I like, is it your 3d printer? My coworker has one he has been playing with for a while. Lots of new ideas can be had so easy now. Good stuff right there.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking good, did it require any changes other than bolting adapter plates to RT-4WD trailing arms?
There is a little material that will need to be removed from the RTA, but nothing major. I ended up cutting out about 200% more than I needed to.

Once the backing plate is removed and the RTA is clearanced, it's a bolt on affair.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3ducEoNq5YxRXNKYlZ2Q0ROZGM&authuser=0

I like, is it your 3d printer? My coworker has one he has been playing with for a while. Lots of new ideas can be had so easy now. Good stuff right there.
Not my 3D printer, but the city of Tulsa. They opened a public shop that allows use via membership. Pretty cool idea, whoever came up with it.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Awesomeness, using that is the best idea ever.

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
I would literally kill for a set of these brackets for my crv. If you can make this happen, please contact me. Pm me for my email address. I have a bunch of people who would purchase these.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Still working on getting the Wagon kits 100% finished. My bandwidth is pretty limited as I do this in my free time when I'm not working or wrenching on the Tape-R.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Calipers are CRX Si (pretty sure any of the 89-00 Civic rear calipers will work) and discs are 02-3 Civic Si

1 - 20 of 33 Posts