Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I gather all my piece... now i just need to get everything together
the only thing that are missing is downpipe and exhaust line... but i will do that at the time i,ll install the setup
Well... i'm trying to do a nice turbo setup but i do recognize i have cheap part in my build :p

d16z6 head
zex 59300
crespocam spring
obx cam gear 5 bolt
d15b intake manifold
60mm TB
580cc or 880cc (dunno which one i'll use)
d15b7 block
d15b crank
TT rod
Vitara piston standard bore (hope cylinder wall are fine)
Arp headstud
b&m fuel pressure regulator
mallory 255lph fuel pump
alloy rad 2.5"
str turbo manifold
57trim turbo (ebay style .50/.63)
14.7 psi 38mm wastegate
cheap ebay intercooler (28x5.5x2.5)
2" turbo to ic piping and 2.25" from ic to TB
dsm bov with high boost mod
aimco clutch stage 4 with disk 6 puck sprung
z6 tranny with 3-4 zc dohc (thinking of putting a lsd in it)
2.5bar motorola... but thinking i should have a 3bar instead
p06 vtec with crome pro...
i have a innovate lc1 as well
rebuild kit (all gasket, timing belt, water/oil pump...)

putting that in my new car (civic ex sedan 99) and i want to keep a/c with that :whistling:

will post pics soon

any comments are welcome

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Oooo...built USDM D15 w/ a JDM D15 crank...I like it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
:ttiwwop:

but with the parts u shooting for let me guess 300-350hp just guessing.
got some good parts cant wait to see it come together for you

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
id use the FJT custom rods for the D15B instead of the TT ones, but thats me. Also the 75.5 bore is going to be a better bet for the motor as the vitaras will be slightly undersized because your cylinders will be enlarged from previous use and you will have some piston slap and blow by until the motor warms up but other than that AWSOME build. Love the JDM crank idea, i really wanna do that some day. wicked little motor. O and MAD props for the EJ8 4dr, i love mine. 4drs for more whores :D

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thank, i'll post more picture soon. (here is a little preview)

oh... i forgot to add arp headstud to the list

oh... why i don,t use fjt rods? well... piston is only 0.02 out of the hole... plenty of clearance!! give more CR ;)
And you are probably right about the 75.5mm but before doing that i'll measure the cylinder... might still be ok. In the end i also have 2 z6 int the garage (my previous p29 z6)

i have so many project at the time

i need to complete my #2 tranny (z6 with zc 3-4) and possibly install a lsd...
i need to go pick up another fucktup zc dohc cable tranny for the #3 tranny build (y8 with zc 3-4)
i need to convert car to obd1 (and install z6 IM on my y7)
i want to paint the oem side skirt color match before winter (front and rear lip kit is colormatch)
i need to remove the chrome trim near windows
i need to install a good alarm and some theft deterant...
i need to paint my vx wheel cause the color i painted them this summer don't suit that car (they are john deere green, looked good on my flat black hatch but on the red sedan... i pass)
i want to install rear sway bar
i want to find a abs rear disc conversion (the one i have at home is non abs)
i need to install my neuspeed sport with my illumina

And here is the list of thing i need to do i didn't in my previous setup (engine side)
-measure cylinder to see if i use 75 or 75.5 pistons
-check bearing clearance on the crank and rod (plastiguage)
-measure piston ring gap and fill them

Attachments

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
mount the turbo the other way, comp on the driver side and exhaust out hte passanger.... to me its easier to run the hot side piping that way, and you wont be running it by the hot ass exhaust if your turbo was the way you have pictured

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mount the turbo the other way, comp on the driver side and exhaust out hte passanger.... to me its easier to run the hot side piping that way, and you wont be running it by the hot ass exhaust if your turbo was the way you have pictured

you can't cause the a/c compressor is in the way ;)

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
you can't cause the a/c compressor is in the way ;)

ahh its very hard to be have all the comforts, and to "go" really fast in a civic... thats why i got a daily driver, my honda is completely gutted

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
id use the FJT custom rods for the D15B instead of the TT ones, but thats me. Also the 75.5 bore is going to be a better bet for the motor as the vitaras will be slightly undersized because your cylinders will be enlarged from previous use and you will have some piston slap and blow by until the motor warms up but other than that AWSOME build. Love the JDM crank idea, i really wanna do that some day. wicked little motor. O and MAD props for the EJ8 4dr, i love mine. 4drs for more whores :D

the only thing i disagree on this one is that when the motor warms up, the vitaras are not forged, if you have piston slap its always gonna have piston slap... vitaras dont expand like forged pistons do. depending on the PTW clearance, when people say that most vitara builds are noisy, thats because they have a larger clearance, which most likely means they just got a hone, and threw them in... bored .020 and your get to pick the clearance. which IMO is a better way to go... UNLESS you already got the motor checked out, and its still with-in spec.. (low mileage, not driven hard)

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
Tu devrais repercer ton block avec les pistons de vitaras. Ils sont un peu plus petit que les honda standards... ;)

Bonne chance avec ton block, je susi en train de me monter un projet semblable tres lentement, mais surement. Turbo K04 de mazda 6, vitara sur des rods de LS, et toute le batatelon qui suit !! Mais ca l'air que ca coute cher. TRES cher.

En passant je suis aller virer dans ton coin ya 2 semaines, c tu beau un peu tremblant ? ca ressemble fortement au cantons de l'est :p

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
the only thing i disagree on this one is that when the motor warms up, the vitaras are not forged, if you have piston slap its always gonna have piston slap... vitaras dont expand like forged pistons do. depending on the PTW clearance, when people say that most vitara builds are noisy, thats because they have a larger clearance, which most likely means they just got a hone, and threw them in... bored .020 and your get to pick the clearance. which IMO is a better way to go... UNLESS you already got the motor checked out, and its still with-in spec.. (low mileage, not driven hard)
i meant the smoking would go away not the slap, sorry shoulda made that more clear

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
i meant the smoking would go away not the slap, sorry shoulda made that more clear

yeah man, i wasnt bashing you or anything.. you made great points

1 - 16 of 16 Posts