Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this is what i got for my civic, tell me what u guys think. ive never turboed a car before so its gunna take a whille any input on what i should do first or anything that would be helpful to a turbo noob like me would be helpfull... thanks

d16y8 motor
14b dsm turbo
ported evo 3 16g exhaust housing
saab intercooler
hks ssq bov
3" modified eclipse downpipe
3" catback with cherry bomb resonator and cherry bomb turbo muffler
vitara pistons

i wanna run at least 10-12psi safely help me out cuz i need to kno what needs to be done

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
3 inch might be a tad big, but it will work

what are you tuning with

and 12 psi is a bit much for a stock headgasket

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
def not using stock head gasket do u have any suggestions on what would be ideal for this setup???

and as for tuning i havent even started the build yet but again any suggestions on a good program to use???

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

what are you tuning with

Stock headgasket or do you mean stock headbolts? There are lot of people running big boost on oem headgaskets

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts

what are you tuning with

lulz

3" is never too big for a turbo setup

also, i ran 12psi daily on my first turbo setup....with the stock a6 COMPOSITE hg ;)

·
Registered
4,583 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
lulz

3" is never too big for a turbo setup

also, i ran 12psi daily on my first turbo setup....with the stock a6 COMPOSITE hg ;)
X2
I am running 20psi on a Honda OEM HG. FJD is the shit but there HG was pretty low brow only lasted 3 weeks.

As ryan said 3" is never to big for boost. Eventually you will want to turn the boost up and upgrade things. It will be future proofing a part of your setup.
You can do a ebay 3" exhaust they sound pretty descent with boost. IMO of course. Most peeps on here suggest Vibrant mufflers with a piping kit from... shit I forgot the companies name..

Ive heard good things about crome, the locals around here like to use eCtune, not exactly sure on the reason.
Go with whatever is most used by tuners in your area. It will make it easier to find a good tuner because you will have more options.

Have you read the stickies in the FI section? Highly recommended reading!
Best of luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts