Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry is this in wrong section but I had people asking me to put together a build thread on a Street Rail/Buggy I built. Unfortunately my phone decided to brick itself and I lost most of my pictures but I have a few.

Had no real plan when I started project just started working on it. Bought a pretty shitty Sand Buggy frame and was planning on just cleaning it up and having fun with it, while fixing a bunch of hacks decided to make it a street rail.

Its half a Berrien two seater chassis and seats back was cut off and reshaped to fit Honda motor and rear wheels were moved back about 15"
Front beam is a VW Ball joint, cut and lowered and has drop spindles and disc brakes
Rear is Lincoln Mark VIII hubs with custom control arms
Motor is a D Series with a Holset HX35 (@10psi)
Rear wheels are 15x10.5 Billet Specialties
Titled as Assembled Roadster

Was hoping it to weigh around 1300lbs and feared 1500 but it weighed in at 1180lbs with a full tank of fuel

Have about 1000miles on it, gets about 40mpg and at 10psi is a blast. Hoping to take it to track next week and see what it will do but not built for a drag car just a street toy.

I will update better later

Here is how its sits today..

·
Registered
844 Posts
what transmission are you using?

this very well might be the only D-series engine with the possibility of lift the front tires off the ground

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. I'm in Northwest Ohio and I'm using a stock 98 Civic trans.

Never had a plan just threw it together and it's a ton of fun.

Would like to see 300whp on a "kill" tune and 200ish on a driver tune. Debating on sticking with D series(most likely) or swapping to a B

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I was recently thinking about how cool it would be to build something like this. I used to play around with aircooler VWs, never owned a rail but I knew a few people who did.

Using that beetle front torsion suspension setup makes everything so easy.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Definitely worth it.. have over 1000 miles on it... about 100 first and second gear pull.

Took it up to 100mph but the stock clutch is not happy in 3rd gear.. but that is to be expected.

Was hoping to run 1/4 mile today but I'm to lazy to swap out clutch since it still is good up to about 80mph.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
...that thing has a ton of character, can see it through images. Cant imagine how rad that is in person.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
That's bad ass, wonder how California would be trying to title something like this. How much power do you think this is making on 10 psi? Is the motor built and is the tune reliable?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts