Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys Im starting my turbo build thread for my Crx.
Shooting for low 13's on g-force sports, figure 210whp or so is a good goal for a daily driver with no lsd lol (hopefully a few months after the kit is on..)

I have..

SOHC ZC Block and D16Z6 Head
FJ Rebuild Kit (No more Vitara's/H-beams)
ARP Headstuds
Turbonetics T3 .50 trim
Ebay cast manifold
8psi wastegate
Johhny Racer FMIC
DSM 450cc injectors
DSM 1g BOV
P28, obd1 conversion, obd1 dizzy...

I need...

I/C Piping and Down Pipe
Oil Pump and TB Tensioner
Boost pressure, oil pressure, and water temp gauges.
Turbo timer
Catch can
And a really good TUNE!

You guys know anything else I might need??

Hopefully boosted someday haha, thanks to everyone who pushed me to go HMT instead of NA.

And what its going in.....

Attachments

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep, I'm about to send that p28 to phearable to get a chip/basemap, so I can limp to a dyno. I want to go to blue ridge motorsports (now a site sponsor, and have heard great things about them all over), but its at least a 3 hour drive, and I have heard good things about a place in Greensboro witch is about an hour away, I am about to search about RLZ because I hear a lot of talk about them from the guys up in Virgina. But if anyone knows any good tuners around Raleigh, NC let me know, and if you phantasm you've probably never dealt with them.

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha yeah I heard it from a quite a few people! I am hopefully getting some dsm 450's at the moment from si-hatch86, still need a FMIC and piping, gauges, and to make a downpipe, I am hopefully getting a turbo timer, and maybe a few other parts from my friends older brothers eclipse gs-t that had the oil pump fail on I-40 a few years back and hes just now getting around to parting it out. The fmic is huge or else I would grab it, I don't think it would be suitable for my crx with this little t3 @ 8psi (the gs-t was pushing over 300whp eagle rods not sure of pistons and I think its a 20g? turbo)

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
that t3 is perfect for an a6.
turbonetics makes great turbos.
should spool fast and hold till redline. looking good

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
Good looking start.
Blueridge Motorsports :TU: Great place for tuning.
I'm not sure which place in Greensboro your talking about (I stayed there this past weekend, rode all around and never saw a shop)

If you need piping and an intercooler feel free to check with us.

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good looking start.
Blueridge Motorsports :TU: Great place for tuning.
I'm not sure which place in Greensboro your talking about (I stayed there this past weekend, rode all around and never saw a shop)

If you need piping and an intercooler feel free to check with us.
Yeah I'd love to greg, idk if I could shell out $400 for piping and i/c but since I have the stock battery location and everything I've seen your thread about piping and saw a few crx's like mine. Where are you located? are you in nc? or virginia?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
that looks a little like a t3/t4, no? .63 ar hotside?

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Yeah I'd love to greg, idk if I could shell out $400 for piping and i/c but since I have the stock battery location and everything I've seen your thread about piping and saw a few crx's like mine. Where are you located? are you in nc? or virginia?
I believe Greg is here in Alabama, correct for me Im wrong.

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that looks a little like a t3/t4, no? .63 ar hotside?
This is the f/s thread I bought it in

Said T3 .50 trim, he said he got it from his friend who bought it new, but it had been used for a few months and was flawless, so it could be true its a t3/t4, but what made you think it was? I honestly would probably rather it be a t3/t4, probably build a little more power.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts