Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a little new to the honda world! so here is my build

i have a 1990 honda crx hf with the d16z6 it had a back yard turbo set up so i ripped it all off and picked up a new set up

d16z6
si tranny
450cc dsm injectors
t3/t4 to4e turbo
ramhorn manifold
huge front mount
bbk timing gear
snow perormance water/injection
safc controller
greddy in cab boost controller
and so on!

my tuning will be done by a local shop "kaizenspeed"

now here is my questions? will the to4e turbo be too much for the little sohc??? i plan to run 10+ psi for now and once summer comes 15+ psi

I am having problems with the intercoller piping got any pics i can see??

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
no it shouldnt be too much. if your motor isnt built, or you dont plan on it you might find it laggy.
you goals shouldnt be "10psi" or "15psi".
with a stock bottom end dont expect much more than around 200hp.
i know Reid, and he's a damn good tuner who will focus more on a good torque curve.
if you dont plan on building you bottom end up you might consider a t3 .48/.60 which should reach your gaols while spooling up a bit quicker.
the hybrid turbo will be fine. in fact it will make the same power levels with less psi due to its greater cfm. it will just be more lag because of its larger size.

talk to Reid about this, he knows his shit.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i got this car and pulled off the oil pan and found out that the rods have been cleaned up and shoppinned and the pistons from the bottom looked to be forged! no casting. the motor has less than 50k

it had a had a smaller turbo on it and i ran 12-15psi for a few weeks and no problems! well besides the turbo could no take it. i plan to pull the motor out soon after i get it running and build it.

srp pistons
eagle rods
comp cam/ valve springs
skunk 2 intake manifold/thottle body
and turn up my water/methonal injection
minor port the head

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
Reid should take all these things into consideration if you tell him.
keep the larger turbo if you more of a drag setup.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
reid,dusty,nick,la they all kick ass!!! yeah i am going to run what i got and see if it does not come apart! ill post some pics! iam just waiting till my manifold comes in and then i am going to put it together

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
Nick is actually more of the d-series guy than Reid is.
both have been very helpful to me.
its a great shop to go to. very professional

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i just need to find out how i am going to run my intercooler piping and it will be all good!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the way the old turbo was that the intake side where the filter goes is facing the drivers side. and that how i plan to do it with the setup. but the first headder i had was pushing the turbo to far out and it was hitting the back of the intercooler. so i ordered a new hedder and i hope it fits. but my exhaust and oil lines are setup the same way

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so my turbo manifold should be here tomarrow and then i plan to put it together.

any one got any pics of there crx intercooler piping???

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am done!!!!! i am going to pull this car off a [email protected] ive tryed to manifolds and both did not fit! the new one the wastegate is too tall and the hood will not shut! should i just give up and run a cast manifold?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
i am done!!!!! i am going to pull this car off a [email protected] ive tryed to manifolds and both did not fit! the new one the wastegate is too tall and the hood will not shut! should i just give up and run a cast manifold?
first off, welcome to the site. nice to see another local :TU:

as for the cast manifold, ya it will work but you need to make an elbow to turn the WG because it will not allow the hood to close. i ran one on my CRX for a while but ended up selling it and making my own sweet ass ghetto manifold :cool:

talk to Nick and see if they can make you a log manifild in house. they have a fabricator that is fucking top notch and does AWESOME work. if its a bit spendy, PM Autoworks on here and see what his prices are like for a log mani.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i am a sheetmetal worker and weld/fab anything i think i am going to take it to the shop and fab the waste gate at more of a angle to make it fit!
ive seen the work the fab guy does and it is awsome! but i already is a few g's in this car and want to try and save some cash to fix my intercooler piping

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i modded my mani to day, it all fits! i mounted the t04e the wastegate and oil lines tomarrow i plan to mount the intercooler! i will post pics as soon as i find my camara

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah so i still have not found my camara i think the wifey has it so tomarrow i will try and get pics!

i tryed to swap in a custom aluminum radiator but it is going to require some fabwork!

anyone run msd sci stuff is it worth it???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts