Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so my fucking throttle keeps sticking. im pretty sure if dont everything to try and solve this problem, i have cleaned and lubed the inside and outside of the throttle body, slightly lube the throttle cable and checked out all of the other small shit. its sticking on the throttle body not at the pedal. any one have any suggestions this is getting redicilous.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im pretty sure the cable isnt kinked, and as far as the bolt im not sure i try to check that today. but the problem is it doesnt do it all the time usually is the motor is cold and sometimes when i get on it. it happens usually 2-3 times a day

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
I started having this problem when I swapped to a y8 Intake Manifold. I kept my y7 Throttle Body and swapped Rotors from a y8 Throttle Body. I think the Nut on the Rotor is too Tight or I might just have to Clean the inside of the Throttle Body.
or try loosening the Throttle Cable just a tiny bit.

I know it's going to take a few days to notice if you fixed it or not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks alot for ur help

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
my cable was kinked after i did my tuck i was on the mlk bridge (4 lanes but 2 lanes wide and all the suden shifting it reved up to 7k (500 above redline) for a bit and i was scared. but yeah proly that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts