Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about this whole SOHC ZC cam/A6 cam thing on Sunday because I'm doing a 272 soon and thought of something that I need a little help with.

What is the casting number of an A6 head? PM6? My buddies LX 4-door is PM9 and my SOHC ZC is PM3.

Also, can you tell by looking at the stamping on the head as to what year it is, like B-Series heads?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Both the non-vtec sohc ZC and A6 head have PM3 stamps. There may be a dash and a single digit number too. The year is stamp right next to it.

So for example I have one head that is stamped PM3 in a rectangle and 8/9 next to it in a circle. 1989 sohc ZC non-vtec.

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
b2 is a PM3.

The PM9 isn't so great compared to the PM3 when stock. They can be ported to the same but my PM3 ports look quite a bit better than the PM9 I got out of the junkyard. Around the valve guide looks smoother and there aren't any lips around on the seats on the PM3 head like there is on the PM9.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So for example I have one head that is stamped PM3 in a rectangle and 8/9 next to it in a circle. 1989 sohc ZC non-vtec.
That's what I thought, like B-Series heads. So I have a 94 SOHC ZC non-VTEC from an Integra. Sweet!

b2 is a PM3.
My buddies B2 is stamped PM9. It's a 90.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I would try a Bisi cam over the Delta for sure.. They have a great street cam profile that works really well for all around power. Just my $.02
Don

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Oh, I am, don't worry. I have 2 Si cams. 1 is gonna be a 272, the other a Bisi Stage 1. I'm gonna compare those 2 and my ZC cam on a dyno when I can get some time for cheeeeeep. WWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! That'll be sometime by the end of the year.

I'll keep the ZC cam and the Bisi cam and sell the 272.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
PM me if you want to get a Bisi cam...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts