Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX Sedan
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm going to spread out the posts instead of just making one big post with a bunch of pictures. I'm going to try and make a weekly post in here. Anyway I picked up the car in December of 2013 with 72k original miles. The exterior was a little beat up from being a city car but it ran amazing. I've done mods to it here and there since I've owned it. It still looks mostly stock on the outside. My plans were/are to have a clean daily driver that runs great and is well maintained. I don't have pictures from the first maintenance job I did on it the week after I picked it up. But I did an oil change w/ OEM Honda filter, coolant flush with Honda Type 2 and a transmission flush with Honda MTF.

I don't have an exterior picture from when I picked it up but this is what it looked like and still mostly what it looks like now.

The first few "mods" that I did focused mainly on the interior. OEM CTR shift boot, OEM RSX base aluminum shift knob, OEM Honda floor mats, Broadway 300mm rear view mirror.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
D16Z6 valve cover that I sanded, primed and painted "cast coat iron". Also added OEM CTR/ITR oil cap, K&N drop in air filter, eBay radiator tab, OEM 01-05 Civic EX polished valve cover bolts.

Right out of the box

Cleaned it up with a scotch brite pad, toothbrush and Dawn dish soap.

Sanded it down.

I suck at spray painting and some trash got in the paint.

Everything installed. Also the EM1 strut tower bar I talked about in the previous post.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found some legit Honda Optional Raybrig fog lights and the OEM Honda switch

I don't know if I'll be putting these on the four door as I don't think it's clean enough right now to warrant the install haha. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
378 Posts
cool stuff! Keep us updated it's always nice to see some new build threads around here.
I really should get one going on my 4 door eg

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Would love to find a set of those fog lights for myself

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Excuse the disgusting and rusty engine bay. I went back to the stock Y8 valve cover. I painted it duplicolor plum purple and hand polished the letters. I had to ditch the 01-05 EX polished valve cover hardware for the time being because they would not seal. I ended up sanding down the OE exhaust manifold heat shield and painting it black. Should've done a glossy silver instead. Oh well it won't matter down the line anyway.

I did it. I bought one of those cheap eBay "CTR" grilles. It actually fit pretty well. $20 well spent in my opinion. I can't stand the sedan grilles with the chrome lining. I wanted to go OEM Civic Si here but I couldn't justify spending $250+ for a used one on eBay and while the base may not be discontinued by Honda the color matched garnish has been.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am excited to see how will this build turn out. Good luck and I am looking forward to seeing updates about this car modification.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Picked these up locally for $100. No bends or cracks. Really clean set. New tires were ordered that day.

And they showed up a couple of days later. 205/50 Hankook Ventus V2. Don't mind my dog lol...always on alert.

Got the tires mounted and balanced and threw them on. I love the way they look. I'm probably going to repaint them when it warms up outside. But this fender gap has got to go. I gotta recondition those headlights too haha.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

USDM Civic badge finally came in. Here it is with the JDM Ferio badge and how they go together on the car per photos I was able to find.

Injen IS short ram intake

Installed and it was a breeze. Sounds awesome.

On the way home the other night the car got an exhaust leak. Upon further investigation it appeared the part of the collector where the spring bolts go rusted through and broke off the collector. So instead of fixing the Y8 manifold I just went ahead and ordered a DC Sports ceramic 4-2-1 header. Should be here soon. I'll post some pics of it installed and everything. I've also got some OEM Honda stuff on the way to clean up some of the rusty stuff in this engine bay. I've got new headlight bolts, new A/C condenser bracket with the bolts and rubber isolators and a new P/S reservoir tank cap.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Header came in

I ended up going with the ceramic 4-2-1 2 piece. Mainly because I wasn't trying to kill my low/mid range with a 4-1 since it's a daily driver. The DC Sports are about a 1/2" larger on the primaries and at the collector over the factory exhaust manifold. Only slightly larger than stock on the secondaries.

Installed. Definitely noticed a difference in sound. Seems to be a little difference in the 3500-5000 RPM range. Woke it up a little bit but don't worry it's still slow as fuck haha.

Up next: CTR front lip, OEM clear foglights, Vi-RS tail lights.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's been a while since I've posted here. I recently purchased a '99 4Runner SR5 and it's been taking up most of my attention for a couple of weeks cleaning it, fixing what's wrong with it, etc. However this weekend I'm putting on the Vi-RS tails, CTR front lip and I may even tackle the fog lights. Not sure yet. Photos will uploaded for sure.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Spent a Saturday night working on the Civic. I got the front lip, front plate relocation bracket and fogs all done. I was a little conflicted about putting the OEM Honda fogs on as they're getting pretty rare but I figured I bought them I might as well use them. My Vi-RS tails came in Monday and I put those on as soon as I got home from work.

OEM Honda Fogs, SiR replica front lip, plate relocation. The genius previous owner drilled self tapping screws in to the bumper instead of using the actual license plate mounting holes :rolleyes:

Vi-RS tails out of the box

aaaand installed

My next project is going to be suspension, poly front sway bar bushings, an alignment, retrofit HID headlights and some Corbeau seats because these stock EK seats suck serious ass.

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
171 Posts
Looking very nice sir, keep up the good work.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts