Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX Sedan
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm going to spread out the posts instead of just making one big post with a bunch of pictures. I'm going to try and make a weekly post in here. Anyway I picked up the car in December of 2013 with 72k original miles. The exterior was a little beat up from being a city car but it ran amazing. I've done mods to it here and there since I've owned it. It still looks mostly stock on the outside. My plans were/are to have a clean daily driver that runs great and is well maintained. I don't have pictures from the first maintenance job I did on it the week after I picked it up. But I did an oil change w/ OEM Honda filter, coolant flush with Honda Type 2 and a transmission flush with Honda MTF.

I don't have an exterior picture from when I picked it up but this is what it looked like and still mostly what it looks like now.

The first few "mods" that I did focused mainly on the interior. OEM CTR shift boot, OEM RSX base aluminum shift knob, OEM Honda floor mats, Broadway 300mm rear view mirror.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
D16Z6 valve cover that I sanded, primed and painted "cast coat iron". Also added OEM CTR/ITR oil cap, K&N drop in air filter, eBay radiator tab, OEM 01-05 Civic EX polished valve cover bolts.

Right out of the box

Cleaned it up with a scotch brite pad, toothbrush and Dawn dish soap.

Sanded it down.

I suck at spray painting and some trash got in the paint.

Everything installed. Also the EM1 strut tower bar I talked about in the previous post.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found some legit Honda Optional Raybrig fog lights and the OEM Honda switch

I don't know if I'll be putting these on the four door as I don't think it's clean enough right now to warrant the install haha. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
378 Posts
cool stuff! Keep us updated it's always nice to see some new build threads around here.
I really should get one going on my 4 door eg

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Would love to find a set of those fog lights for myself

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Excuse the disgusting and rusty engine bay. I went back to the stock Y8 valve cover. I painted it duplicolor plum purple and hand polished the letters. I had to ditch the 01-05 EX polished valve cover hardware for the time being because they would not seal. I ended up sanding down the OE exhaust manifold heat shield and painting it black. Should've done a glossy silver instead. Oh well it won't matter down the line anyway.

I did it. I bought one of those cheap eBay "CTR" grilles. It actually fit pretty well. $20 well spent in my opinion. I can't stand the sedan grilles with the chrome lining. I wanted to go OEM Civic Si here but I couldn't justify spending $250+ for a used one on eBay and while the base may not be discontinued by Honda the color matched garnish has been.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am excited to see how will this build turn out. Good luck and I am looking forward to seeing updates about this car modification.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Picked these up locally for $100. No bends or cracks. Really clean set. New tires were ordered that day.

And they showed up a couple of days later. 205/50 Hankook Ventus V2. Don't mind my dog lol...always on alert.

Got the tires mounted and balanced and threw them on. I love the way they look. I'm probably going to repaint them when it warms up outside. But this fender gap has got to go. I gotta recondition those headlights too haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts