Honda D Series Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
good riddance .
I just wasn't liking it that much. Got horrific fuel economy for a single cam 2L too. Looked great though and it never gave me any issues, I was just bored with it

Was able to save up a bit more so I'll finally be able to buy a better car. Getting a bit tired of buying and selling cars every few months

Registered
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Does this qualify as a shitbox?

Picked ut up yesterday and it's the cleanest example I've seen. Mileage is a little higher than I wanted (229k km/142k miles) but it seems to have been maintained well. Fake Mugen grille has to go but I finally have a decent platform to start with, and something I won't sell in a couple months lol

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Picking up a beater project tonight so I can try not to thrash the TSX so much. I'll post some pics later on, closest guess gets a virtual high-five

Hint: It is for once a d-series lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
For your part of Canada, I'm gonna say some civic 96-00? Least chance of rusted quarters....

OR a unicorn CRX or EG?

I guess all lmao, I have no idea :)
Close enough. It鈥檚 a 鈥97 EL. Thing鈥檚 absolutely clapped (mostly paint and body, it鈥檚 pretty rusty but repairable) but it鈥檚 goofy. It鈥檚 finally a decent platform to do something weird with. My buddy needs a car so he鈥檚 driving it right now but I鈥檒l hopefully get on building it around springtime

Registered
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Somehow. I haven鈥檛 really driven it yet but my buddy says it drives okay. As long as he doesn鈥檛 total the damn thing, I鈥檓 not that worried. I鈥檓 thinking I鈥檒l piece together a different engine anyway

Registered
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
So quick update I guess.

I just let the guy buy the EL from me like a week later because he was beating the ever living shit out of it anyway. Ended up buying an '87 XR4Ti yesterday and I'm typing this on my PC so I'll upload the pics from my phone later. RWD, manual and turbo. Odometer broke at 146k km but I'm guessing it's not way higher (maybe 160?). It's obviously not as cool as an Impulse but it's gotta count for something right? Body is worse for wear but it'll be addressed in time. I remember some guy had an old Ford on here that he was rebuilding (or maybe I'm losing my mind) so maybe I'm adding to it.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I have never seen one of these in canada..

almost looks like an 80's mustang fucked a saab..
They鈥檙e pretty rare. It鈥檚 the North American version of the Ford Sierra XR4i, but produced in way lower numbers (I think there were about 30,000 of them made over a 5-year stretch). Has the 2.3 Turbo from the Mustang so you aren鈥檛 way off lol. A lot of the parts are interchangeable so it should be pretty easy to make decent power

41 - 60 of 65 Posts