Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is my setup and waiting for a full dyno tune soon....

engine:
D16 zc sohc vtec head
sohc zc vtec metal head gasket
d16y7 bottom block
stock d16y7 rods
75mm vitras piston

TURBO setup:
Greddy 15g turbo
greddy exhaust manifold
rev hard intercooler
2.5 intercooler pipping

ECU:
AEM EMS ECU

wideband:
AEM UGEO wideband

boostcontroller:
HKS hi low Boost controller
8lb low and 10psi hi

will update on how much WHP i made on this setup.... leave comment or any feedback

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
my guess is 190 hp. idk. hey sounds good man. and are you from fresno?. your name looks familiar.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea... i am from fresno.... planning to get at least 240whp... with all the feature aem has!!!!

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
?
ill be making 220 on methanol witha stock block. using hondata.. i think you need to upgrade that turbo. 15 psi is its efficiency rating. and it wont get you 250 on just air along. -hot air at that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the 15g turbo is good 300hp before it max out... but if you want i am planning to go to mmw and tuned it tommorow.. lmk....

·
Registered
96 ek, D16y7
252 Posts
ill say maybe 200whp but i would do like he said and up grade that turbo......and if you dont mind me asking why didnt you put a new set on rods in when u put the vitras in???????

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
well the 15g turbo is good 300hp before it max out... but if you want i am planning to go to mmw and tuned it tommorow.. lmk....
it maxes out before 300 hp,and have fun , hope you know some one at mmw. :noway:

john made 227 on a t25 on methanol years ago on 15psi. what make you think your gonna squeeze 300 hp out of that 15g?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bigger turbo= late spool
small turbo=quick spool

bigger turbo mean i will need a better cfm if i want to use the full potentail of the turbo.. you get what i am trying to say... the small turbo has quick spool but could do so much vs the bigger turbo will do 300+ hp.... why not change the rods?? only because i don't want crazy hp where i be buring rubber like crazy.... and the stock rods are good for 250whp before it gives up... low compression equal safer boost...

·
Registered
96 ek, D16y7
252 Posts
all im gonna say is its not gonna last long at all. and you will not have to worry about "buring rubber like crazy" if you were run the same setup with better rods. but the way your doing it now youll have 2 worry about snaping a rod run someone in a Evo down the freeway at 150mph

·
cool title
1,698 Posts
i made 204whp at about 12psi with the greddy 15g and stock 2" down pipe.

240whp will probably be doable but you'll need to run about 15psi to get there.

i'll be re-dynoing mine hopefully this week with my full 2.5" down pipe that i made (gets rid of the cast elbow). it feels quite a bit better than before running the same pressure level.

·
Registered
96 hatch SIR
1,334 Posts
Cools, So Im not the only guy from Fresno with a Vitara set up.

·
Registered
96 ek, D16y7
252 Posts
i made 204whp at about 12psi with the greddy 15g and stock 2" down pipe.

240whp will probably be doable but you'll need to run about 15psi to get there.

i'll be re-dynoing mine hopefully this week with my full 2.5" down pipe that i made (gets rid of the cast elbow). it feels quite a bit better than before running the same pressure level.
but did u change your rods when u didnt???? i just think that your not leavening yourself much room for error

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yeah I would just slapped in some ARP head studs, stock rods, stock old bearings....good luck with that. by the way, SRM makes rods for d series to withstand 650hp. H beam, $255.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yeah I would just slapped in some ARP head studs, stock rods, stock old bearings....good luck with that. by the way, SRM makes rods for d series to withstand 650hp. H beam, $255.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just finish DYNO my car on the dynoJET.... made 177 whp 178tq... boosting 15psi but goes flat to 10psi.... the turbo wouldn't hold boost... must be the internal wastegate... from 3-5rpm it will hold 15psi the after 5rpm the boost goes down to 10psi... so i am gonna go for another retune but this time i am gonna use a 3bar map sensor... UPDATE NOT USING AEM EMS... will keep this updated..

1 - 20 of 61 Posts