Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
CRX Si
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
never really posted the end result of the the first swap but i swapped a b18b1 into a base 91 civic hatch i love the torque but i hate everything that it lacks(a/c really lol) not bad for a dd...

went from d15b1(still runnning strong when pulled) -
to a b18b1 -

But now for the point of this thread my 1990 crx si
i bought it for $900 runs and drives
pros -
95,000 miles and clean title
mini swap d16a6/y8 head(done with a 4 guages lol)
g/c sleeves with kyb shocks
the mintiest interior i have ever seen no rips no burns.
chipped pm6 or so im told
runs and drives
stock si rims with brand new yokohama advans i believe

cons
p.o. hacked up the cluster wiring and had a bunch of gauges running of the radio
headgasket on its way out
actual speedo gear snapped inside tranny and the housing broke level with the tranny
primed black
dime sized rust hole on passenger side rear wheel well
ebay head lights - but i found factory ones

all in all, not a bad deal, I bought from the seller as soon as i saw it on cl.

WORK SO FAR
so far i have fixed the cluster wiring but need crx cluster pedestals for the cluster hood to sit corrrectly...
i have the head off the block no warpage...
everything is on hold until i can the the speedo out of the tranny idk but i dnt wanna drop and open the tranny to do it...

i want to run the engine obd1 with a p28 and d15b7(?) dizzy, then paint and maybe jrsc in time

If it wasnt for the build threads like danz, darin and many others on this site, i wouldnt know half of what to do
all critism and comments welcome...

the pics

·
Premium Member
CRX Si
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking good, what are the plans? I just realized your super close to me.
-plans for now are just to getting it running rite and paint back to rio red then supercharge or turbo..... shit NNJ ftw hit me up if you need extra pair of hands

What's up with the hacked harness for the instrument cluster? Did you put in a EH2 cluster or something of the sort?
no the previous owner wired(badly) a dc cluster but left exposed wires all over the place smh

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
-plans for now are just to getting it running rite and paint back to rio red then supercharge or turbo..... shit NNJ ftw hit me up if you need extra pair of hands

no the previous owner wired(badly) a dc cluster but left exposed wires all over the place smh
Shit might take you up on the offer one of these days. My crx needs to hit the road again! BTW SC is a waste, turbo all the way!

·
Premium Member
CRX Si
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shit might take you up on the offer one of these days. My crx needs to hit the road again! BTW SC is a waste, turbo all the way!
i know that SC make less power but seems like a cheaper way of getting some power, every turbo build thread the op has to always get more parts for it lol

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
thats serious but my cars are dds that have to drive down ferry st in newark, i hate those roads, but a 500hp dd would get in a lot of trouble
I dd the 4dr at 408 hp and 350ft/lbs while going into newark a few times a week for school! I forgot to say I drove almost 6,000 miles open down pipe!

·
Premium Member
CRX Si
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Update
finally got the broken speedo out of the tranny with out dropping it.... almost took 5 days douche bag ass speedo............

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

and a now i have run into trouble ugh.... the head on it is from a d15z1 (or so i am led to believe the head code is p07-1)....

combined with the stock d16a6 bottom end zeal comp calculator says 12.4 fml
so now i have to find another vtec head :hammer:

and my ls oil pan gasket is going....

did get something in the mail though

sry for the cellphone pics

1 - 20 of 157 Posts