Honda D Series Forum banner

Should I do the S2K swap or not?

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i got a kinda strange idea i want to try i have a bone stock 95 S-10 that im thinking about putting a S2K drive-line into my question is has it been done before if so how hard was it? If not does anyone think its a dumb idea? Both vehicles weight about the same within 500lbs of one another so i think it would make it a fun little truck to drive around what do you guys think do it or not?

Reactions: Cyberwaste

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,814 Posts
So you want to put the whole shebang in there? I read an S10 forum where a guy was thinking of this but never saw a build thread. He wanted the s2K motor and trans in his s10, would give him 6 speeds and a fun item when the hood is popped.

I think it would be radness for sure but alot of fab work, motor in and out to fit mounts and figuring out the size differneces between the engines.

But are you asking about the trans back? Why only the axle and rear gears? Is it lighter?

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main reason is that this was my dads truck when he passed and i want to keep it and make it my own and i love working on Honda's i want everything from the S2K in there the engine trans rear end and custom drive shaft of course but i just think a turbo S2K under the hood would be a lot cooler than a 350 V8 like everyone else that has these trucks does to them plus i have already slammed the truck on a 5"-6" drop kit so it would make a pretty cool cruiser i think plus i have always liked these truck just not the power options 4cyl V6 V8 all easy and everyone has them but i haven't seen any S2K swapped S-10's

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
I have fantasized of doing this very swap to my 02 Sonoma fleetside 3 door.

I say do it.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
think of it like this, that motor is a lot better than the oem motor and as you keep the revs up it will make it move (pig in the lower revs). but gears could make it all work..

sounds like a plan, you can even have A/C and probably runa civic half size radiator too. use all wiring, cluster, and components from the s2k.

use the front brakes or atleast wheels, etc, anything you can to upgrade the s10.

the motor hybrid idea is a start, finishing it means really mingling the two cars together. s2k seats. etc.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,814 Posts
You will need alot of fab work like I said, but becasue its not common or even done yet, I say do it to it my man. There are a few s10 forums I recommend surfing through them and seeing if one of those guys has completed it.

Here is the one I found, but it doesn't have a comepleted truck to show you but its a start.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f147/s10-with-some-honda-s2000-198399/

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
I vote no, do a supercharged V6 or LSx. I just don't know how much fun that motor would be without a suspension capable of truely complementing it.

Sorta like those choppers that sport Hayabusa motors...

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Would need a medium sized turbo to keep it interesting!

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
they are very strong and with gearing, wouldnt take much.

and the fab, it aint that bad. its already rwd. most shops could knock it out, even if it was jenky lol. so take your time and do it up.

bolt in swaps are overrated

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
D-series dual swap.
One in the front.
One in the back.
Or GTFO!!!!!

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all of the input guy i believe this is going to happen probably start this fall i will do a build thread i want to run S2K drive-train and suspension on rear but keep the S-10's suspension up front and run some tuner style wheels S2K interior for seats and gauge cluster S-10 dash

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Coolness= expensive and not always the fastest
Id just do the 5.3 truck motor and boost that

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
2jz naw i would rather leave the factory 250,000 plus mile 4 banger in it and i have owned a 5.3 truck before ran it on spray didn't really care for it i want the look on peoples face when i pop the hood or smoke them on the track to be WTF? how? why? AWWWWW? But thanks for the suggestions keep them coming

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
I speak with a great deal of prejudice in my heart, I hate GM and the S series/Astro/Camaro is a big part of why I hate them...so, BLASPHEMY!!!!

Lol, that said, at least you would have the only reliable S-10 on the road, just make sure you use the fuel pump from the S2k as well haha. The idea alone would make it a pretty cool unique vehicle, fix all the mechanical gremlins and the S-10 isn't a half bad looking truck, you just might come out with a win there...

·
Registered
99 4 dr
740 Posts
as long as it has the S2K suspension like u said it will be cool. If i were u id go ahead and chop the top make it a rag top like those early 90's Dakota sport truck things.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts