Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 crx HF/67 jeepcj5
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my crx is running a little rough i want to know what can i do with a d15b6
8 valve? the redline sucks on it what can i do to raise it? the engine needs a rebuild badly i got eccess to a 8 valve head from a 93 civic cx 8 valve head
should i get it since the head on it got a screwed up plug threads? is the newer intake better? it looks better

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
get rid of that motor. it will cost you a fortune to even come close to the power of a stock a6

get yourself an a6 motor/trans, or a zc swap. cheap, and good power

·
Registered
91 crx HF/67 jeepcj5
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right now im looking just to get my mileage back and a little power back im getting about 25 to a gallon and this summer is for swap i was getting about
45 to 60 depending on conditions.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
i manged 40mpg with my a6 motor/trans with an ebay CAI and manifold-back exhaust

plus i pulled a 15.6 in the 1/4 with a bad motor mount

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
This goes for any motor, but port match the new head to the intake and exhaust. I'd go with a A6/B7 intake and throttle body along with a Z6 head gasket to raise compression like any other motor. Sure you'll never have the most power, but you can at least squeeze a little more out of it.

·
Registered
91 crx HF/67 jeepcj5
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks the only thing i dont like about the 8 valve is the redline im gonna be putting in a ZC in the summer i found a nice place that sells cheap engines near my area should i keep the tranny or would a si tranny be better?
only thing i cant find a si tranny in my area.

·
Registered
91 crx HF/67 jeepcj5
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ill have to look around and see what i can get thanks for the info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts