Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey D-Series'ers, Jake from Duluth, mn here!

I'm sure a number of you remember me from many years back.
I built up a Del Sol turbo Z6, shot some fireballs, had a frickin blast with the old car then ended up selling it to some dude in Fargo to make a down payment on my house.
I picked up a pile of shit Wagovan, rebuilt, painted and cleaned it up and rocked that for years. I regret selling that thing, owning a 5spd RT4WD was a pleasure.

Well I'm back into Hondas, at least for a daily driver. I am sure I'll end up turboing this one because why the fuck not.
It's a '99 EK Hatch 5spd D16Y7.
It's a Minnesota car so sadly it has seen all the winters...
Poor thing has some rust which I hope to fix and repaint the car at some point. It will remain a daily driver as I already own a big project car (BMW E21 that I'm swapping a SR20 into).

I'll throw together a "build thread" at some point.

Attachments

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the DOT sees nothing wrong with overusing salt at even the slightest of freezing conditions so sadly most cars rust fast.
You are right about the cars lasting longer than the bodies. I recall a childhood memory of a friend's Dad's truck (old small body Toyota) that the body was quite literally rusted away. Doors were falling off, couldn't put anything in the box... but the fucker ran perfect haha.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Yeah I have an old 84 Toyota, been in the south all it's life except for 1 year up there in Ely, it ate it up pretty bad after that lol.

Have you taken the rocker covers off to see how bad it is under there??

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Welcome back, bud

Reactions: rico58204

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Fuck this dude.

Just kidding. Hi Jake. Lets B swap that hatch.Or K? Just get something out of my garage.

Should put some pictures up of that sweet ass BMW you have.

Reactions: all_rice

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha thanks Rich, yeah I'll end up doing something fun with it. Either a turbo on Y7 or a B-swap.

So here's the never-ending project:
1983 BMW E21
It's a cool car. All kinds of rare euro junk on it and a pretty built M10 under the hood.

BUT I have something a little more exciting going in soon. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch DX
0 Posts
Shout out from the Twin Cities! Yeah, I feel ya with the damn salt they put down...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Back again. Funny I don't think I can ever stay too far away from Hondas.

My buddy and I (who I do a YouTube channel with), picked up a '99 4 door that was smashed in the rear end and destined for the scrap heap.
I'll have to do an actual build thread on it but HI EVERYONE!

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
998 Posts
:lurk:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts