Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've done many turbo builds, but I've never done for myself. I think I've been around long enough to know what I need to do to achieve my goal, but it never hurts to gather opinions. Here's what I'm working with...

D16Z6: stock head, stock intake manifold, stock crank, stock block.
Bored .020 over, 75.5mm Vitara pistons, FJ R SPEC I-beams, ARP head studs, OEM bearings.

Here's my plan for my build...

eBay log manifold
T3/T4 .57ar
38mm wastegate
28x6.5x2.5 intercooler
Stealthmode oil line kit
3" downpipe, 3" exhaust (no cat, resonator, or muffler)
TurboXS RFL blow-off valve
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
AEM fuel pressure regulator
AEM high-flow fuel rail
Precision T&E 650cc injectors
LSD Motorsports Dragger 6-puck clutch
Cometic head gasket
Hondata
manual boost controller
boost gauge
oil pressure gauge
traction bar

·
Registered
197 Posts
The sleeves hold up to twice what you're shooting for, so x2 on no block guard.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Stock fuel pressure regulator and stock rail will work fine...except you have xtra cash for bling-bling!
I'd get an ebay cast manifold (wastegate in the middle) and pick a t3t4 50 trim instead.

And I repeat, rdx injector! lol

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stock fuel pressure regulator and stock rail will work fine...except you have xtra cash for bling-bling!
I'd get an ebay cast manifold (wastegate in the middle) and pick a t3t4 50 trim instead.

Yeah we'll see on the rail and regulator once I start piling parts.

Why would you go with a .50 trim instead?

Are RDX injectors plug and play?

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts

rdx + adj. fuel pressure regulator = good ......rdx - adj. fuel press reg= fail

RDX Injector Info - onecamonly.com

510cc @ 58.8psi
440cc @ stock pressure......440 will not do 300whp....i went with 550's and im worried about not having enough.....go 650cc or larger....that will give you room if you decide to go for more power down the road

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Unless you can get luckyat the junk yard lol havent seen any there yet tho....

·
Registered
97 EK coupe
690 Posts
Yeah we'll see on the rail and regulator once I start piling parts.

Why would you go with a .50 trim instead?
i second this motion.

the .50 trim will spool faster. debur/polish your turbo manifold, and turbine housing if you want and that will help with spool time if you still want the .57

if you get your motor built and still need some more power. bisi cam. best on the market as for power, kind of pricey but there are dyno tests to back up those prices

cant help you with the injectors, im still a newb in the tuning/fuel area too

goodluck with your build

·
McLOVIN
2002 Civic Si
800 Posts
??? O'really...... which engine is this?
JFK78 had 603whp on a stock block (Z6 i believe). He cracked a sleeve but i dont remember why... Still id say 550-600 is safe.

No blockgaurd. Extra money for something that isn't worth it IMO. Spend that money on a cam instead. Btw, nice Del Sol :bigok:

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
JFK78 had 603whp on a stock block (Z6 i believe). He cracked a sleeve but i dont remember why... Still id say 550-600 is safe.

No blockgaurd. Extra money for something that isn't worth it IMO. Spend that money on a cam instead. Btw, nice Del Sol :bigok:
I know 2 sohc's in the 550+ range, cracked the stock sleeves almost every time they ran the car. They ran stock sleeves, stock crank, h-beams and custom pistons.

·
Registered
197 Posts

Theirs busted because the #4 vitara piston cam apart at ~9600 rpm and broke apart from the wrist pin. The wrist pin cracked the block.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts

correct me if im wrong but i thought but he was splitting block not breaking sleeves at that hp

·
McLOVIN
2002 Civic Si
800 Posts
Yes it was the wristpin! i knew it wasnt them tuning bad or anything.

And yeah when the wristpin broke, it cracked the sleeve and split the whole #4 cylinder off the block and trashed #3 as well. been ahwile since i seen that thread.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts