Honda D Series Forum banner

my progress

780 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  slowhatch91 
#1 ·
i havent really posted up about this and really just lurk around here. but i decided i should go ahead and share. goals are "unknown" at this time, i have an idea, but i wanna see what it can really do. i purchased a 91 dx hatch in Cincinnati back in late october or early november with a hair over 250k miles. i had intended to drive this car all winter and park my Mazda in the garage. well i trailered it back with the understanding "it needs a distributor"... installed it, and what else is new, it makes NO COMPRESSION. 2 broken valves from a stripped tensioner bolt coming lose. fuck it, toss the d15 out and lets do this shit. i started the quest, and had lots of ideas such as boosted ls/v, h22 on nitrous, yada yada yada. FUCK IT. keep it simple right? i started primering it immediately after thinking about how bad the paint really was. it was repainted, almost a pea green color, no clear coat. however, back to the engine search, i found a COMPLETE D16Y7 with srp pistons, eagle rods, devcon'd, arp's, but 1 intake valve was slightly bent from the previous motor the head was on. i picked this entire motor up for the deal of the century. i checked it out, purchased a y8 head, and slapped one my multiple spare y8 manifolds on it. thats pretty well where it stands now.

a list of the parts for this car...

obd1 mpfi conversion with chipped ecu obviously
lsdmotorsports.com clutch set up
d16z6 trans with cable/hydro conversion and innovative engine mounts
d16y7 with srp pistons, eagle rods
d16y8 head, stock, stock intake manifold
etdracing.com traction bars
and a ton of other shit im sure im missing

plans....
about 20psi of boost and e85 are about it, but that comes if i can make this thing actually run :)

pics....

all in all i have about $1500 in this car including the cost of the car

comments are always welcome

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.