1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
the short bus
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
video addded..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVvbSM-SDfs

Last month I ran [email protected] on street tires..
Honda day 8/15/09 @ Etown. Only had 2 runs. 23in slicks(first time ive ever used slicks). Car weighed 2875lbs with me in it. Turboy7mini me. Car made 270whp 245wtq. Best part about the entire thing is I deliver food in this thing lol. Car was driven to the track and back home. Im very happy with the run but is this all the car has?

first run. Fighting with torque steer but never let off :cool:
rt 1,255
60 1.982
330 5.695
1/8 8.623
mph 85.68
1000 11.134
1/4 13.242
mph 107.29

Last run
dial 13.2
r/t 1.227
60 1.917
330 5.355
1/8 8.171
mph 88.07
1000 10.626
1/4 12.698
mph 109.00
breakout :yes:

I have vids but my other computer is down. Heres a pic tho lol
Walt R Boberto's Photos | Facebook

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
movin on up (jblock,9won4 ftw)

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
but is this all the car has?
no, but its all you had at the time :lol:. more seat time, you can drop that a bit more. not a whole lot, but a little bit. you need more power and a LSD. also a diet plan for the chassis is very much in order, your weight is killing you. 2800+ lbs is way way too much weight for a civic, my EJ6 was only 2420 in race/street trim.

so basically:

1. lose some weight
  2. get an LSD
  3. get more seat time
and the magic of low low times will show.

side notes: your now faster then my lightning. which is probably double the price of your car's current street value. you can also probably hang door to door with a new GTO (with a good driver), which costs a whole hell of a lot more then your car does or did. just think about it before you ask if this is all there is.

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Yeah, that seems really good. But 2800! that seems really heavy. You don't have a sub and shit do you? I could only imagine how much more your car would weigh with one and how much less with out. An easy thing to do before you go to the track is take out passenger and rear seats lol. Gl with going faster :td:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
to give the OP a comparison... my lightning tips the scale at 4670 lbs and makes 340+ whp and 450+ ft lbs tq. this means i am ~10.3 lbs per ft lb of tq, your at ~11 lbs per ft lb of tq. you have less tq per lb and yet faster, do you think there is more in it? yeah, there is more there. to top it off, my truck is designed to run down the 1320 and cruise at high speeds. the single cam is just a eco box.

ok, now i am sad cause i own a slow truck :crying:

:lol:

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
should be able to get down to the mid or low 12s

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
to give the OP a comparison... my lightning tips the scale at 4670 lbs and makes 340+ whp and 450+ ft lbs tq. this means i am ~10.3 lbs per ft lb of tq, your at ~11 lbs per ft lb of tq. you have less tq per lb and yet faster, do you think there is more in it? yeah, there is more there. to top it off, my truck is designed to run down the 1320 and cruise at high speeds. the single cam is just a eco box.

ok, now i am sad cause i own a slow truck :crying:

:lol:
o shut your mouth. The L still sounds better lol

nice times man. Def. get an LSD

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
saw you run. this was the car that said save the sohc in big taped letters on the bumper right? haha.

also stock y7 bottom/y8 head? if so nice nice.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
Congrats man!!!!!! You do need to lose some weight though. Its still impressive for a delivery car though. I hope to be pulling some similar times when I get back on my feet. Keep up the good work man.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
kinda hard to see that car weighing that much, you should weigh it on a scale not go off whats in the door jam. you def have enough power to run mid 12s :)

·
Registered
the short bus
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
movin on up (jblock,9won4 ftw)
Werd J block 9won4 all dayyy

no, but its all you had at the time :lol:. more seat time, you can drop that a bit more. not a whole lot, but a little bit. you need more power and a LSD. also a diet plan for the chassis is very much in order, your weight is killing you. 2800+ lbs is way way too much weight for a civic, my EJ6 was only 2420 in race/street trim.
so basically:
  1. lose some weight
  2. get an LSD
  3. get more seat time
and the magic of low low times will show.
side notes: your now faster then my lightning. which is probably double the price of your car's current street value. you can also probably hang door to door with a new GTO (with a good driver), which costs a whole hell of a lot more then your car does or did. just think about it before you ask if this is all there is.
I took out the spare tire and back seats lol. I think I might have dropped a good 100lbs. I went on the scale after the last pass and I was at 2875 so im assuimg with everything il wiegh around 3000lbs.
I have an OBX LSD in the tranny. I think it helped alot with traction.
First time on slicks. I didnt really know much about them lol. My boy was just like.."bang the rev limiter on the first run and theyll pull you down the track."

I played with a gto from a 40mph dig. He jumped and I still got em by a couple cars.

Yeah, that seems really good. But 2800! that seems really heavy. You don't have a sub and shit do you? I could only imagine how much more your car would weigh with one and how much less with out. An easy thing to do before you go to the track is take out passenger and rear seats lol. Gl with going faster :td:
Nope no subs. I did take out the rear seats tho.

saw you run. this was the car that said save the sohc in big taped letters on the bumper right? haha.
also stock y7 bottom/y8 head? if so nice nice.
Yup. That was me. All those big b,k,h,j motor people were bashin me last time so i wanted to show em what a sohc could do.

Its a vitara/eagle/compcam/ebay turbo. check the build for more info
Lol I think I saw it made the 12's pass, nice work.
Thanks bro. Was my fan club screaming and yellin like they said they were or are they pullin my dick? lol

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
definately loose some weight. lol thats a few hundred more than my sedan.
but is that all there is?

thats all i would want. Not many cars would be much faster.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts