1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic VTI
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i thought id start a thread with some of my photo's in it

heres a couple from today.

what do u all think about the photo's, does any one have any comments or hints or tips for me to improve my skills?

http://jason.bdash.net.nz/gallery/CRRUPT

Couple of other pics i snapped at the workshop:

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
OMG...that's a clean ass e-bay....

WOW...props to you :TU:

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic VTI
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Some more

By the way the Blue civic isnt mine, its my mates and it has an ITR motor

Comments? im just looking for ways to improve my photography so any help would be apreciated.

Oh and i dont photoshop any of the pics, thats how i take them, im looking to learn photoshop at some stage

can find more pics here:
http://jason.bdash.net.nz/gallery/Pics-Of-My-Car

A couple of older ones

Comments? im just looking for ways to improve my photography so any help would be apreciated.

Oh and i dont photoshop any of the pics, thats how i take them, im looking to learn photoshop at some stage

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
very nice!:TU::TU::TU:

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
First off your pictures are sick!! I'm into photography as well. What kind of camera and lens are you shooting with. Excellent background in every single pic. Good eye for lighting too.

Second both cars are sick!! I'm not big into the rice look, but if your gonna do it, that's the way to do it RIGHT!! And your car I've always liked!

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic VTI
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First off your pictures are sick!! I'm into photography as well. What kind of camera and lens are you shooting with. Excellent background in every single pic. Good eye for lighting too.
Im only using a cannon S2IS with no lense, so its not a pro camera by a long shot, probably one of the best sub $300 camera's u can buy though and great for a beginner.

I normally spend a while driving around looking for somewhere to take pictures then the next night ill spend a couple of hours shooting. Finding a good background thats gonna work is always hard. Normally i take about 100 pics for each shoot and out of the 100 have 5-10 that are really good the rest are just average.

thanks for all the comments guys, anymore hints/tips/comments on my photography skills.

oh and about the blue car, its a 92 EG6 with a B18CR motor in it. Its the style it is becuase Darryl and his partner built it together to enter into the show series over here, so u put on the car what u know is gonna attract attention, which happens to be clear tails, and a tucked engine bay (took over 400hours)

·
Random Hero
Range Rover
2,624 Posts
you seem like you have the idea.

the first pic is a no no, called the ricer angle (by some people).

Play with the shadows more, watch out for unwanted reflections.

1651 has some nasty reflection going on in it.

1658 has too much light/dark contrast from either side.

1889 has the cloud reflection and you standing in the window.

I think 1692 turned out the best, maybe crop it a little different, or zoomed a bit more on it.

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic VTI
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you seem like you have the idea.

the first pic is a no no, called the ricer angle (by some people).

Play with the shadows more, watch out for unwanted reflections.

1651 has some nasty reflection going on in it.

1658 has too much light/dark contrast from either side.

1889 has the cloud reflection and you standing in the window.

I think 1692 turned out the best, maybe crop it a little different, or zoomed a bit more on it.
cheers for the reply

yea sometimes its hard to get the right lightining in pics that y i wanna learn to use photoshop so i can try and edit the pics a lil to reduce the effect a bit.

·
Random Hero
Range Rover
2,624 Posts
oh, and the "ricer angle" shot, it's awesome, aside from the angle. The reason the angle is no good, is because it makes your neck hurt to look at.

but everything meshes so well on that pic. It would be a really good place to get both your cars. since there is blue and red on the wall.

keep up the good work!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts