Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i made my tuning apt and its in two weeks.. turbo single jingle

i have a d16y8 motor in a 91 CRX OBD1 and i want the best pulley without fucking my shit up!

i currently have the correct D16Y8 Unorthodox pulley on there but I just cant risk the motor taking a shit on me..

so im going to go put a stock pulley (damper) on there with the rubber o-ring..... for good

MY QUESTION IS:

can i put a pulley on that didn't come with Power Steering or AC ?

i heard the CX crank pulley is the best OEM one,Can i put a A6 or Z6 or Y7 or D15 pulley on my motor? If so which is the best pulley i should put on my new motor??

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i kno that the CX came with one less belt, but i got a AEM Alt. Pulley than im not going to replace..

so my question still resides.. what pulley will give me the most safest best setup possible...?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but i have no use for ALL the grooves except Alternator...

thnx for ur .02 honestly (not being a dick... ~thnx)

ne1 else?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
but i have no use for ALL the grooves except Alternator...
umm so? neither did i. its not like the pulley is killing any power. its just there to dampen things up a bit. wouldn't you want something made for you motor then try to mix and match things? idk.. its up to you. i gave my advise, take it or leave it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i feel the same way for the most part other then summer time then i find a use for the second one!
um there just is ZERO room left in my engine bay, @ least u got AC when u got ur car... me, not so much, started off with a gutted roller.. now i need to address the problems of today...

I SHALL LOWER TAXES! I WILL REINSTATE HEALTH CARE TO ALL CITIZENS! AND I WILL , wow sry got a lil carried away...

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
umm so? neither did i. its not like the pulley is killing any power. its just there to dampen things up a bit. wouldn't you want something made for you motor then try to mix and match things? idk.. its up to you. i gave my advise, take it or leave it.

right i agree with the somthing that was made for my motor, but if its all the same wouldn't u want the one that has less rotating mass to it?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
yes i would, but if its a big gain. 2 or 3 whp is nothing in the end. that line you used, is the same one i always read when people want to use a underdrive pulley on their cars.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
point taken..

ok so now i need to buy a stock pulley y wouldn't u get the BEST one u can get if its the same price as the other ones.. i want that .00000001 % betterness on this car.. ive done the entire build that way...

plus if this forum knows that the 92-95 gen d16 pulley are the same thing as the 96-2000 d16 pulley than ima go with the lighter of the two... thats y i made this thread..

to see if anyone has put a CX pulley on a Y8 or cross-used parts from one gen to another..

and yes its not worth the 2 or 3 whp and ill never see the gains EVER, but its the piece of mind knowing i did the correct part on every aspect of this car..

·
Registered
05 Legacy GT
867 Posts
Even on the race engine we ran the OEM damper, there's just to many horror stories about after market pulley's on D's.

As you learned it's not worth the hp lose.

If it were a B that's a different story.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Even on the race engine we ran the OEM damper, there's just to many horror stories about after market pulley's on D's.

As you learned it's not worth the hp lose.

If it were a B that's a different story.

THREAD CLOSURE IS NOW NEEDED!

thanx

1 - 20 of 33 Posts