Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this project has been sometime in the making. The car been in the family for the last 5 years, about 1-2 years ago the motor blew up while driving. At the time we could not find a reasonably price replacement motor. We did entertain the idea of rebuilding the motor, but upon closer inspection we noticed it had created a window in the block............

We toss around the idea of swapping in a bunch of different mazda motors at first. No matter what we look into, the idea of throwing a honda motor kept coming up. At first we contemplated going K series, and at one point even had acquired a full k24 swap which we end up parting out when we notice the motor had jump timing and a piston had kiss a valve.

Looking around the garage we had enough parts laying around to put together a F/h2b. From that moment on we spend a few months ironing out some of the details before any of the real work began.

The motor:
F23 block
K20a3 rods (K20a2 rods will not fit, fuck you internet myth)
K20a2 piston
H22 head
Hiprofile oil block off pins
k20a2 intake manifold
DYI balance shaft delete
Dyi plateless setup
b18c trans

Anyways onto some pic's!

F/h2b plateless

S2k staring down another F

Test fitting the motor

The original engine harness that got cut out.

Strapping the motor down. At this point we need to move the car to my home garage for the fab work.

Dirty girl

She looks good with a quick wash after sitting for so long.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More mock up

Fab up a new engine bracket.

My approach to building this car has been to treat it like a ek civic. I modified a set of avid steel mounts.

Axle were easier then I could have ever wish for. The other ends are the original MSP and the rest of the axle is oem b-series.

Rear mount needed to be moved over, nothing some 1/4" steel cant solve.

All done

·
Registered
2,992 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love seeing stuff like this. Good work!
Its fun to try something a bit more challenging every once in a blue.

Zoom Zoom
:punk:

Love your builds. Never a cookie cutter build. Very unique, very cool.
Thanks, just cant wait to drive her!

this is badass!
Thanks!

This is awesome. I hope once I get a new place with a larger garage I can take on a project like this.
I wish my garage was bigger. Crx is currently outside along with this car. The volvo is currently the garage queen lol

Thanks!

very nice!
Thanks!

Awesome work!
Thanks! Hopefully ill have a better update soon.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What in the actual... I've never seen such an array of Honda letters all mixed into one engine/trans; and it's in a Mazda! This is great.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you ever get the rats nest of wires loomed out?
Just about sorted out, but its all open for the time being in the event we need to track something down.

Fired her up on a oem honda ecy, 3 cel. 2 were for o2's, and 1 for ELD which we should have sorted out thanks to the Beave!

What in the actual... I've never seen such an array of Honda letters all mixed into one engine/trans; and it's in a Mazda! This is great.
This is why I call it bastard child lol. Motor is really rev happy!

Well worth a bunch of reps, I'd say.

:bigok: thanks, but a ton of work but it is almost done!

More pic's to come in a bit!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts