Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you smoke anything food wise post it here. But here is mine.

Alright I got me a grill a while back and wanted to smoke some ribs, so I got me sOme pork spare ribs and since this was my 1st time smoking any food i got some store bought rub and BBQ sauce just I case things didn't turn out well.

UPDATE, SEE BELOW

25FEB- BABY BACKS ***PAGE 2***

04MARCH- BABY BACKS AND A BOSTON BUTT THEY WERE DONE ON 03MARCH ***PAGE 4****

10MARCH- BABY BACKS ***PAGE 5***

But I'll be posting my pics up of what I end up smoking. Gonna do some baby back here soon

·
Registered
371 Posts
i smoked some spare ribs for v day and they turned out pretty decent but my friend is much better.. they were def better the next day after like alot of smoked stuff if it makes it that far.. i think next time on the cheaper spare ribs i will boil them first

·
Registered
15 Posts
I haven't had to chance to smoke out anything. Do u use that wood thats scented? Iv see there's different of flavors. On my grill there's a separate piece I can buy that attaches itself to the side then I'll be ready for smoking meats but it's new to me. I gotta do some more research before I'll give it a try. Those ribs look good

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
mmmmmm riiibsss....
yep, baby back ribs next week stay tuned lol

i smoked some spare ribs for v day and they turned out pretty decent but my friend is much better.. they were def better the next day after like alot of smoked stuff if it makes it that far.. i think next time on the cheaper spare ribs i will boil them first
i havent tried boiling them, i cooked my on too high of heat after 4ish hours mine where 170 degrees

I haven't had to chance to smoke out anything. Do u use that wood thats scented? Iv see there's different of flavors. On my grill there's a separate piece I can buy that attaches itself to the side then I'll be ready for smoking meats but it's new to me. I gotta do some more research before I'll give it a try. Those ribs look good

Yep you can goto wal-mart and get smoke chips or "flavored" wood chips. I went to gander mountain, they have a good selection of wood chips. I went with maple. They have maple, apple, pecan, mesquite, hickory. Yea smoking is new to me but i just googled it and read around, the biggest thing is dont think to much into it just get the basics and go from there.

Like me, i got a rub, and bbq sauce from the store to save some money to see how they was gonna turn out. Mustard acts as a glue for your rub(a rub is highly recommended if not required lol), but doesnt leave a mustard taste. Let your meat sit over night with the rub on it. Temp is the key to smoking. I had mine around 240 ish and i honestly think it was too high of heat.

But yes they actually turned out perty good, nice flavor. Thanks man

Just like in the mini truck world, its all about low and slow.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OMG dude, those ribs look awesome!
thanks

about to get my first apartment, i'm stoked to be the one doing most of the cooking.. (except for the sandwiches, that's my girls job hahaha)

first order of business: buy a stupid nice grill/smoker
Yea my neighbor thried 1 upping me the day after with his little smoker and a chicken lol

I think im gonna invest into a real smoker, but idk my grill works perty great

·
Registered
19 Posts
thanks

Yea my neighbor tried 1 upping me the day after with his little smoker and a chicken lol

I think im gonna invest into a real smoker, but idk my grill works perty great
:eek:sama::shoot:
^neighbor ^you
...and a real smoker would be sweet! if you have time to utilize it. i rarely get my bbq on, so in my case (though it would be sick) it isn't worth the investment.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:eek:sama::shoot:
^neighbor ^you
...and a real smoker would be sweet! if you have time to utilize it. i rarely get my bbq on, so in my case (though it would be sick) it isn't worth the investment.
lol, i figure twice a month(basically every pay check) i will smoke stuff and try different things. I have been searching and a decent smoker is around 100 bucks around here=)

·
Registered
114 Posts
D.I.Y. DRY RUB
brown sugar,salt,pepper,onion powder,paprika,cayenne pepper,garlic powder and anything else you want.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
D.I.Y. DRY RUB
brown sugar,salt,pepper,onion powder,paprika,cayenne pepper,garlic powder and anything else you want.
im gonna have to try this since the 1st set turned out perty good thanks

1 - 20 of 134 Posts