Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
Audis, Vdub, R6,EVO8
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This will be my build thread where it will have in detail everything I do on this car like a **** car blog or journal, will have step by step what I do and accomplish when I do this.

Still looking for the Ef 1988-1991 hatchback here in texas but this will be my base. Will be stripping it and painting it black as soon as I get it.

I am going to start with all the parts that are going on the build. My goals are 300hp-400hp tuned with Uberdata and dyno tuned by tony1 here in texas.

The turbo I will be using is a 14b dsm turbo, zero miles,balanced and all that good stuff.
The turbo manifold is a Mini ramhorn manifold.
The Intercoolers I will be using are a first and a second gen sidemount intercoolers on both sides of the bumper so I still have the complete sleeper look.
The piping is all custom bent by my neighbor that does stuff on mustangs and offered to help me 2.5 for intercooler piping.
The Exhaust will be 3inch piping all the way back to a muffler not sure what yet. I will have a electronic cut out.
The Bov is a greddy type S that will be mounted on the piping.
The intake manifold is going to be the new blox mani.
The throttle body is a skunk2.
The trany is going to be an Si trany with Obx lsd. fidanza 6.3lb flywheel, 3 puck solid hub disk, fidanza axles
The tires, I will run 2 new 205/55/14 Nittos in the front on steelies, and 195 tires on the back.
The Rollcage is going to be custom bent with the same neighbor, not sure on how many points its going to have, it will have plenty welded to the rear strut towers.
The motor will consist of a D16z6
-eagle rods
-srp pistons
-honda bearings
-energy mount inserts
-Arp head studs
-Dsm 450cc injectors
-Oil cooler kit
-Crower valve springs tit retainer kit
-Need ideas for a radiator

Suspension I havent thought much about it,
-traction bar
-I will go cheap on the suspension since I want power>form also keep the sleeper Idea.

I want this thread to help people and answer questions and to show how much fun it will be.
People Please I need your opinions and ideas for maybe different parts? or other ways I could do stuff.
Dont foget Im going sleeper mode.
*Will be updated with new info and or parts I have bought or got together ready for the build, This project is going to take till june, when I go home..(in college).

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
fluidine radiator man. badass shit

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
and i honestly wouldnt go with fidanza, my friend has one on his stealth and the face on his warped into a potatochip and screwed up his clutch along with it. dont know what everyone elses experiences with them have been, but i saw that and i like to pass the word about it.

and for tuning, i would do the obd-0 to obd-1 conversion on the car, that way u can run something better than uberdata, more of something like neptune or hondata. remember man u get what u pay for!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
interesting idea about using 2 side mounts :TU: make sure to take pics!

i wouldn't worry about the valve springs/Ti retainers; my 14b isn't that strong around redline...

for suspension: traction bars :TU: and maybe some stiff springs for hard launches; just find some with a minimal drop to keep it sleepy

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
300-400hp and a 14b turbo? not gonna happen

might want to rethink the injectors as well, they will max out around 300hp.

as for the 2 smic, i dont know if the 2" inlet/outlet is going to flow well enough for your goals either...

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
300-400hp and a 14b turbo? not gonna happen

might want to rethink the injectors as well, they will max out around 300hp.

as for the 2 smic, i dont know if the 2" inlet/outlet is going to flow well enough for your goals either...
i agree

for 400hp i personally would be more willing to spend more money on better quality stuff... for example.. a real fmic painted black and a bigger turbo.. something like a t-bird turbo would be better... and its t3 so easier to upgrade..

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
is it RHD?
I understand you messing with me, but he doesn't even have the chasis yet how the hell is he supposed to know if it's RHD, a little overzealous much? LOL

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
i agree

for 400hp i personally would be more willing to spend more money on better quality stuff... for example.. a real fmic painted black and a bigger turbo.. something like a t-bird turbo would be better... and its t3 so easier to upgrade..
ya, an FMIC isnt too hard to hide. get a properly sized one and you dont even have to trim the bumper much. although even a straight t3 wont meet your goals. you are definately going to need a hybrid

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
and i honestly wouldnt go with fidanza, my friend has one on his stealth and the face on his warped into a potatochip and screwed up his clutch along with it. dont know what everyone elses experiences with them have been, but i saw that and i like to pass the word about it.
I've had one on my car for a while now. Haven't had any problems with my fidanza flywheel.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I've had one on my car for a while now. Haven't had any problems with my fidanza flywheel.
well the next time im over at his house with my camera ill take a picture of it. they didnt think anything was wrong with it either until they took the flywheel off and actually looked at it

·
Banned
Audis, Vdub, R6,EVO8
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well time to show the few goodies I have gathered over about a months time.
As for a turbo still looking for decent one, any help would be great. Thanks guys

I DID NOT USE MY CAMERA :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Definitely need a new turbo though. I agree with whoever said the 14b wouldnt cut it.

Although, I believe the T3 .60 trim, .63 a/r would hit 300whp, or just a touch under.

·
Banned
Audis, Vdub, R6,EVO8
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Please tell me that is NOT an SSAutoPoo exhaust manifold?
Yeah it is, not like I care, I was going to see if it was any good, since the welds and piping are the exact same as the ccfab. Plus it wasnt over produced, so I was going to try it. Yeah the side mounts are going to be fun, Im just going to cut and weld bigger piping to where the original pipes came out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts