Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2000 civic dx hatchback build. Final #'s 430whp & 353 ft-lbs

I use to have an ej1 (don't worry it still lives and i still have it) but it has a case of cancer that isn't really terminal but i dont have the money to fix. i found this on cl about 50-70 miles away at a dealer who was really tryng hard to sell it to make room for new inventory. droped the price all the way down from 3950 to 2100 bucks.

Only flaws on the car..It has damage on the driverside door (easy fix) and it has around 250k + miles ( you couldn't tell by driving it and under the valve cover is mint.Doesn't matter anyways i'm throwing my race motor in it)

car was bone stock when I got it. I started lightly modding it right away. I decided I wanted to make this car more of a sleeper and a pleasure to be in so I'm going away from what i usually do. I started with a nice sound system which consisted of a kenwood blue tooth cd player with ipod controls.the hands free blue tooth feature is REALLY nice. On the outside I took the hood spacers from my old coupe and bought an si style grill.Other then lips and my kosei rims and a few go autoworks decals (gotta rep him) these will be the only exterior mods. I also added a bunch of security features i won't go into.

enough words! on to the pics!

old hotness

new hotness

interior ( I relocated the cd player to the center console using the oem cup holder they use to hold oem cd players .I bought it off ebay.I added an oem block off plate to cover the hole in the dash and eventually mount a tunerview on)

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

cd player

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
go fast goodies soon to be installed

motor setup waitng to go in the car (go autoworks mini-ram kit, garrett t3/t4 57 trim,built motor,zex 53900, blah blah blah)

pulled from the coupe

stripped the block of the red paint.This is a mixture of silver high temp paint in spots I couldn't get and a few hours with the wire wheel.

secret weapon

nx single dry fogger kit.Going to use ectune to control the nitrous and fuel!

muffler setup (sleeper summit 3 inch turbo muffler)

wheel setup kosei k1 ts (not super rare but you don't see them anymore and they are made in japan)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yeP I tilted the hood. Pretty useless right now but I was bored and I have custom aluminum spacers not washers or anything like that, so I knew i would loose the spacers and bolts if I didn't put them on.

goals for this car:

low 11 second pass. (possibly high 10's but I doubt it without weight reduction or 450+) with full interior no body mods (no rear diffuser or "speed holes"), full sound system both bumper beams still there etc etc on e85.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm just waiting on cash for part's I have some of the swap parts needed... I bought a obd2b-obd1 conversion harness, and right now i'm looking at new intercooler piping because it's a dx and doesn't have that hole behind the light.

I'm looking at this kit ( I think this is the same kit dirtydserieswoot ran 11's on)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SRE-Integra-Intercooler-Piping-Type-S-RS-Blitz-bov_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1171Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c29

or a used go autoworks kit for 160 (amazing price) on here. I want the go autoworks kit but i don't think I can afford it right now since I just shipped some intercooler piping and it was 29 bucks with insurance and tracking at fed ex and with paypal fees I'm looking at just shy of 200 vs the sre kit for 119 shipped .I have jegs couplers and clamps so no worries there.

other parts things I'm waiting on...

tunerviewII

hondata/omni 4 bar map sensor

I need to redo my oil return (any sugestions using a mini-ram?)

buy and install vrs 3 inch exhaust kit

add iab (just to have another output) and boost control components to my
ectune p28

Then it's on to body work.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the kind words and support guys!

Hoping to have this done by late may early june.

Only thing I'm kinda hung up on now is wiring.Trying to figure out the best way to go about doing it.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Score1!! just picked this up off honda-tech for a GREAT price

18x6x3 core pwr backdoor intercooler with pwr bov

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lots of parts came in since I last updated..Did lots of work

pulled the old motor and cleaned the bay up

another angle

Doing a little prep to the new built motor

Re did the oil line. I could not get a good angle using push lock AN fittings for the life of me and the old line was crappy so i switched to silicone hose and clamps. This napa heater hose fitting is perfect for this and only like 8 dollars vs an AN 45 or 90 degree fitting that cost 19.99

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

did a little wiring obd1 clips on the obd2b harness.

My own diy obd2b plug and play resistor box setup. Plugs right into the deap plug and when I get my fjo driver box all I have to do is unplug it. No hacked wires to fix. Only bad thing is to make this you have to rape and destroy a entire obd1 harness.My friend had one that was cut in half so this wasn't a problem

intercooler and piping came in so i was able to get that all together

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
where i'm at now....Should fire up tomorrow or thursday

Some other things I got done but don't have pictures off.

Got the intercooler and piping installed

Got my old walbro 225 pump from the old civic installed

Bought an installed a full obd2b vtec harness so i didn't have to add or do anything to the stock harness

added some more alarm goodies

Things I still need to do/parts im waiting on

Need to move around the bov to the piping

need to get the old bov hole sealed up

need a 2.25 to 2.0 coupler

thats it!!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts