Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new ECU from Xenocron in and plugged it in and it cranked up my car and it immediately shuts back off. I have a CEL light for my secondary 02 sensor being bad. I told Xenocron that and he said that a secondary 02 wouldn't have anything to do with it. What could I try to make it work? He asked if I had tried increasing/decreasing the fuel pressure. I don't know how to do that. I dont have a fuel pressure regulator or anything. When I crank the car is sounds like it's not getting any gas at all. I can hold the gas to the floor when I try to crank it and it doesn't change anything at all. Won't even start to rev up...any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
that does sound like a problem w/ he ECU....and if they told you to adjust your fuel pressure and you don't have a FPR then you are back to square one.
I would have to get them back on the phone and see what the deal is..Thats kinda bogus to just tell you that and that's it....
Best of luck w/ it man...

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
maybe you blew a fuse, too. Try again with a new fuse and if it still blows, then Xenocron needs to fix the ecu

W

·
0 Posts
thats the only cel you get....do you get a soild check engine light when you just put the key in the on position and you can hear the fuel pump? if so then it the chip job.

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is a solid CEL light and I believe I can hear the fuel pump. Would it be the chip itself or his soldering and socket job? This pisses me off. I ordered coilovers and it was taking to long to get here so I just got my money back because the customer service sucks, it was from underground motorsports by the way, and then Xenocron sent me the wrong harness to begin with. I swear. I hope it's something I can easily fix.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Honda4VW said:
I have been hearing a lot of bad press in regards to xenecron work
Thats bullshit. Chris does great work. Most of the time its the retard that can't work on his car or has a wiring disaster to contend with. All these kids think because they get a basemap they don't have to tune it. Loose nut behind the wheel is usually the case. It may just be a bad burn. Have him send you a new chip. An OBDI ecu wont throw a secondary O2 code. Check it again. If its a solid CEL and you cant get it code then it was a bad burn or bad solder joint. Have you taken the chip out from any reason? Have you done any wiring changes in your car? Do you get any codes? or is it just solid the whole time?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Honda4VW said:
So its BS that I heard it, or the bad press is BS???

Wrong harnesses, bad burns etc...That is all attributed to the person providing the ecu work
Wrong harness? Chris doesn't work on the guys car. What would that have to do with him? First the kid says he gets a code, then says solid CEL? Sounds like he needs some help. He could be getting codes from bad sensors.

What is the year make and model?
Injector size?
modifications?

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chill out dude, no one is bad mouthing Chris. He's actually responded well to my emails other than them being really short and broad every time. All I know is, my 02 sensor got fucked up on a rough rode one day and ripped like 3 or the 4 wires off the the sensor. It's been a solid CEL since then. I got my ECU and harness from him and plugged it in and it cranked and then shut right back off and nothing I did changed it at all. He told me that he put a custom y8 basemap on it for me. Nothing works. And I don't have a "wiring disaster". Everything is fine and hasn't even been fucked with before. Oh and when Chris sent me the new harness, since he sent the wrong one to start with, said he was going to send 5 bucks to cover shipping of the wrong one back to him. I still haven't seen that $5 yet. Anyway, I've emailed him. Im just waiting on his reply now.

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
By the way, it's a 2000 EX with an i/h/e and zex stg 2 cam, stock injector size seeing how Im not boosting. And when did I say I was getting a code? I said my check engine light was on and that was all.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
are you sure your ripped o2 sensor wires aren't shorted at all (touching each other)? If you have a way to disable the chip, do that... (remove J1) If it starts when you remove J1, then it's either a bad burn or a bad soldering job.

W

·
0 Posts
soild cel mean bad chip job TRUST me i did my comuter it was my first and i has a soild cel and car would barley run. the car goes in to i forget the mode and it barely runs jsut to get you where ever. so i had to check solder points and two were touching so i cleaned it up by doing the job almost over and then after inspecting i tried and the car started right up. Soild cel BAD CHIP OR BAD SOLDER JOB.-----period. i think your car wont start because o2 sensor is messed up and when it tries to barely run like my car but it can't because your o2 sensor is shot. Might be harness but i doubt that. yea man idk get your burner and rechip it and see if that solves problem if not.....bad chip job.

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Nah, they all got ripped off by a rock lol. It was a really messed up road. I've looked at it real good. Anyway, what do you mean remove J1? Sorry, I don't know what that is man lol. The only way I know to disable it is to take the chip out. It feels like a bad burn or something. It just starts and then revs and then cuts off. I tried it like 5 times and changing the ignition timing and holding the gas down didn't affect anything what so ever. Did the exact same thing every single time. But yea, what's the J1? But if the chip is disabled then how would it crank at all if the map is on the chip...

·
Registered
4,363 Posts

see the small set of holes on the top right? There's a label next to it "J1". You'll either have a piece of wire connecting the two holes or a real jumper or switch connecting them. Just cut the connection or remove the jumper. This will revert it back to a regular p28 as if there was no chipping.

If the ecu runs then... you have a bad chip or bad soldering job.

BTW, not sure if I caught this... a solid CEL means you jumpered the service connector and it still is solid. All CELs are solid until you jumper the service connector... then they blink to tell you the codes. But if it stays solid, then it means there's something wrong with the ecu itself (or the chip).

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I don't know if it stays solid when I put the p28 in or not. Im saying it's solid when the p2p ECU is still in there and that's from the 02 sensor. I'll go check and see if it does it as soon as I turn the key with the p28 in. So what happens if I cut the jumper and it still doesn't work. I did find it and it's a little wire. but my car won't run even with a stock p28 map will it? I have a d16y8

1 - 20 of 39 Posts