Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
No you dont need springs, but i would get them anyways, you got a cam that, when tuned will edge out a little more than 7k RPM...Safe to say it will make good power to around 7,800 RPM...

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Just out of curiosity, is there any company that makes springs that are specifically for mild cam upgrades? I personally am not going to run a wild cam in the SOHC I am piecing together, and running stiff springs will just put more wear and make it harder for the engine to rotate, thus lowering power output. Soooo . . . Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i have the stage 2 with springs / retainers and love it, now your going to need a good tune :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm.. a good tune. what do you suggest? i have a p28 thats already socketed and ready for a new chip. i'm just going to order from phearable.net or something.

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
find a tuner or learn to tune urself...Run either Uberdata or crome....take that shit to a dyno and get that bitch tuned to da max heh....

·
Registered
725 Posts
I didnt get the springs when I first put my cam in. I still to this day dont know how it happen, but I bent 4 vavles in the head. Im not saying the cam did it, but its the only thing I could think of.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
phearable will do a good job with a map. Maybe not like a professional dyno tune, but it will run fine for you.

I love my stg. 2 as well, but I'll be going to stage 3 in spring/summer along with ITB's, headwork and valves. For now, I'm working on my tranny build.

Good luck!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Just out of curiosity, is there any company that makes springs that are specifically for mild cam upgrades? I personally am not going to run a wild cam in the SOHC I am piecing together, and running stiff springs will just put more wear and make it harder for the engine to rotate, thus lowering power output. Soooo . . . Anyone have any ideas?
I recomend looking into the winter 06 Engine Masters magazine. there is a article about "valve training" in it that i think you would find really good.

m.

·
Registered
857 Posts
How about using Crower Ti-retainers with fresh stock(OEM) springs? That's what I would propably do with stage 2 cam. Those retainers are 'bout half lighter than stock, and much stronger.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts