Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well I was thinking and I decided that I might just buy a eBay 1 piece CAI to use as the top half of the charge piping and just have my BOV welded on. Then for the rest of the charge piping, use something like the tubing on stock GST's. Here's the intake Im probably going to order. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-CIVIC-EX-1-PC-COLD-AIR-INTAKE-96-97-98_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQitemZ8037497765QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
I think it's a good idea considering the intake is under 40 bucks and I can probably get the rest of what I'll need for around 20-25 bucks. That's a lot cheaper than getting custom charge piping or than buying an eBay charge piping kit that I'd have to cut. And besides that, it will still look awesome when I pop the hood. I dunno...I think Im going to do it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Sounds like a good idea! Make sure you buy quality clamps. The T-style clamps, that way you don't mess up your hoses and cause boost leaks. But I gotta give you a tip of the hat for the smarts! And when you finish, or are about to, you might wanna locate a good inexpensive powder coating place and have them coated. It might still be cost effective since you aren't blowing tons of cash.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mmk thanks man. I might just do that.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
mmk thanks man. I might just do that. Im goind to make sure everything is together realllllllly good and I'll find something extra to do to help hold everything together. But yea, thanks again. I just wanted to hear someone else's opinion before I bought the intake lol.

EDIT: I don't know why it entered that post above this one......lol I wasn't done typing yet.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
741 Posts
three inch might be too big. Tuner Toys is selling a 2.5". For your pipes on each end you might want to flair them a little bit. You can rent a pipe flair tool from autozone for that task.

·
Registered
741 Posts
ryan89crx said:
those cold airs are usually really thin aluminum. are you planning on running all aluminum charge pipes? do you know someone that is good at welding that stuff?
Yeah he does! Everyone one knows a good welder down at Autozone, his name is Mr. J.B. Weld.haha sorry, I'm a bit bored and tired, and should be in bed cause I work in 7 hours. But good point!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I was going to use good clamps to hold everything on to the eBay CAI and then JB Weld the BOV flange to it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts