Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finish my new engine but im not sure if anything would go wrong when using a z6 crank on a y8 block.it got pm7 pistons z6 head y8 gaskit y8 IM and z6 TB. its anything wrong with this or i be ok? what kind of comprecion would this make ?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
youl be around ~11.5-12.3 on the compression. when doing a compression check it should read around 225-250 but make sure they are all with in 20% of each other and consistent.

are you using stock pm7 pistons? if so get it tuned well not to have detonation because the ring lands will crack....

if ur not getting it tuned, which is bad, retard the ignition timing by 1-2* to prevent knocking or pre detonation... also run 91 octane or higher...

some comments, i would get an upgraded cam because the stock cam does not bleed off enough compression causing higher stress levels in the cylinder and more blow by...

a cam will also let the motor make power easier...

you should notice an increase in gas millage as well because it takes less fuel to make power.

get the car tuned asap. youl be happy and peace of mind.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the help. i did the compression check an i got 230 on all 4. yeah i got stock pm7 pistons. what cam would u recomment ?

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
talk to bisimoto, and invest in a good header as well =P since your goint n/a you need all the help you can get

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
ummmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but with a higher lift cam, and 'proper' tuning, ie, modified fuel map/timing curve, wouldn't that mean you are useing MORE fuel to make MORE power? I mean engines are pretty much complicated air compressors, so more air in means more fuel to match, equals more power...I know that's a really overly simplified explanation, but doesn't that make sense? Please, again, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, cuz on this I'd like to be, it would be nice to look forward to 150whp AND better gas mileage...lol

·
Registered
honda civic
114 Posts
question:

Is it that, if you use PM7 pistons in a D16 vtec engine, the valve's can hit the pistons in Vtec because of the valve notches that are not in the correct place?
The dome is also complete out of center...

just thinking...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Unmilled Z6, Crower stage 3 cam, PM7 pistons, enough space to adjust camgear into both extremes (with rockers locked into VTEC-cam) without piston/valve contact. Go figure how much clearance there really is!

Also, don't worry about static CR.. It might be high, but it's good. Crower 3 would love it.
Isn't Y8 IM a very poor fit into Z6 head? AFAIK ports are different shape..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so sould i go with the z6 IM . i got megan racing header stock catalic convertor gsr piping and si muffler. is it better to do strait pipe? wats the cheapes engine management that i can tuned the engine with. i got a p28 chipped for my old engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts